Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Blood

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

What time would this be over at, roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Bought tickets in presale, only got a mail today saying they had been dispatched. It'll be interesting to see if they arrive on time, with the bank holiday on Monday and all...

Same here, and no tickets came today. Two post days left - cutting it a bit fine.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Clacke wrote: »
    Same here, and no tickets came today. Two post days left - cutting it a bit fine.....

My plan was to get in touch tomorrow if they don't come by then.

My tickets from the pre-sale arrived today, in case anyone else is sweating about theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

My tickets from the pre-sale arrived today, in case anyone else is sweating about theirs.

Was it delivered by An Post or a courier?

• Advertisement

An Post, I think? It came through the door, so not entirely certain, a courier would usually need a signature I think? I'd say give them a shout today if they've not arrived yet. I think there was a tracking feature in the dispatch email, maybe try to see what that says.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

My tickets were in my letterbox when i got home. I'm assuming it was delivered by An Post as courier companies don't have access into the apartment block.

An Post, I think? It came through the door, so not entirely certain, a courier would usually need a signature I think? I'd say give them a shout today if they've not arrived yet. I think there was a tracking feature in the dispatch email, maybe try to see what that says.
    I got my tickets today, (by An Post). I got a call during the day from some courier company saying nobody was home to accept the delivery and thought it was the tickets. I was just worried since I wasn't gonna be at home tomorrow either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Ticket sold, ignore this post

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

I'm so pumped for this gig...anybody know stage times??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Stage times for tonight

9pm - Royal Blood
    8pm - Turbo Wolf
    7.30pm - doors open

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What a gig from the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Agreed, loved the drummer crowd surfing at the end! Ledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

well that was quite a wall of sound we were treated to :D:D
    cracking gig!!!
    played for an hour which is more than I expected.
    by jesus it was packed, must have been 100 degrees celsius in there :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Class gig! F*ck her right in the pussy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Great gig. 3rd time seeing them and best one yet. They even played their B-sides. 'Hon the lads!

What we're the wristbands for? Did only the first X amount of people in the queue get them?

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    What we're the wristbands for? Did only the first X amount of people in the queue get them?

Probably so you could go out for a smoke? They were only standard paper academy wristbands.

It was jammers when I got in and still got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Since the "new" Academy opened, they seem to be giving everyone wristbands, I presume replacing the stamp on your wrist that they used to give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

maldini wrote: »
    well that was quite a wall of sound we were treated to :D:D
    cracking gig!!!
    played for an hour which is more than I expected.
    by jesus it was packed, must have been 100 degrees celsius in there :D:D

an hour is that all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

crazygeryy wrote: »
    an hour is that all?

When a band has 1 album they are on a kinda awkward position. Do they play the entire album plus 1 or 2 b sides or does they play the album plus a load of filler and experimental tracks?? I love a long set but at the same time I'll rather a new-ish band left me wanting more.

Sometimes less is more......

crazygeryy wrote: »
    an hour is that all?

I think they played every song on the album and 3 B-sides. I don't think they have any more songs currently released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    I think they played every song on the album and 3 B-sides. I don't think they have any more songs currently released.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If you think them only playing an hour is bad then you'll be even more disappointed once they're back and in the Olympia.

The first time I saw Vampire Weekend was in the Ambassador and they were on about 35 minutes. Skipped one song from the album and threw in a cover. Pricey gig for the length of it. Then Alabama Shakes didn't have a long set for their Olympia show.
    I'd rather a band not drag out their set when they don't have enough songs because they're touring the debut album but I find it a waste going to a nice venue like the Olympia only to be done within an hour.

Advertisement