Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch

Options
  • 01-09-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hope someone can help, I purchased my new home and eircom phone watch box seems to be set up, I have no codes, no manual haven't a clue what kind of system it is on, there are some lights on the box but that's about it,

From reading on here I presume there is a charge from Eircom if I get them out and they tell me the basics and give me the code, I didn't want to go down the Eircom phone watch route,

I just want a basic alarm with no monitoring form a third party, can someone advise what my next step is? greatly appreciated, what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

SarahLil wrote: »
    Hi guys hope someone can help, I purchased my new home and phone watch box seems to be set up, I have no codes, no manual haven't a clue what kind of system it is on, there are some lights on the box but that's about it,

From reading on here I presume there is a charge from if I get them out and they tell me the basics and give me the code, I didn't want to go down the phone watch route,

I just want a basic alarm with no monitoring form a third party, can someone advise what my next step is? greatly appreciated, what are my options?

More than happy to advise but will need to know the type of system that is installed. P.W have a verity of systems installed.
    The systems they use can be set up as standalone one communication numbers have being removed.
    Some of them can also be set up to ring your phone in the event of an alarm activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 toneeg

Apologies for jumping in here but I have the exact same problem. New house, eircom phonewatch installed, no codes and no manuals.

I believe the system is a GE Simon 3.

The panel is beeping every minute or so because one of the batteries in the sensors is low. But I don't have an access code to do the maintenance.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

toneeg wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping in here but I have the exact same problem. New house, eircom phonewatch installed, no codes and no manuals.

I believe the system is a GE Simon 3.

The panel is beeping every minute or so because one of the batteries in the sensors is low. But I don't have an access code to do the maintenance.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have you at lease the user code off the system?
    Pressing the status button will show which sensor has the low battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 toneeg

altor wrote: »
    Have you at lease the user code off the system?
    Pressing the status button will show which sensor has the low battery.

Thanks for your reply altor.

The code I have from the previous owner (now deceased) doesn’t seem to work.

I pressed the status button and discovered that the battery in the front sensor is low. If I tamper with the sensor to change the battery will the alarm go off? And will I need an access code to turn it off.

I want to use the alarm as a standalone alarm. Is there an engineer code I can enter to reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

Yeah don't tamper with it yet as it will activate and you won't be able to stop it. Best to get the engineer code first and then change the user code. the engineer code is the last 4 digits of the account number I think. If you don't have the account number then you will have to ring phonewatch and tell them you are the new owner and you want the account number for that address.

• Advertisement

toneeg wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply altor.

The code I have from the previous owner (now deceased) doesn’t seem to work.

I pressed the status button and discovered that the battery in the front sensor is low. If I tamper with the sensor to change the battery will the alarm go off? And will I need an access code to turn it off.

I want to use the alarm as a standalone alarm. Is there an engineer code I can enter to reset it.

Drop the front lid on the control panel and see if 54321 works.
    If it does it will say please select from start menu.
    This will allow you open the old sensor and change the battery.
    What you really need is the system defaulted and set back up with new codes. You could try P.W. but I would not pay fancy prices to them to release the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cant stand the beeps

Hi
    I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but my alarm is gone totally schizo!
    It's been in since '06 and the only code I have is for switching it on and off. I have no engineer code or account number as I inherited the alarm. Every evening around 7pm it used to let out five sharp beeps and until I went and put in the code it would continue to do so every minute or so. I phoned eircom but they want me to pay silly money for them to disconnect it totally. Was able to cope with that, but now it's just gone nuts.
    I came home from a week in hospital today to find that it's beeping all the time. Stops for about two minutes then five beeps, stops for two minutes then five beeps...it's like a form of torture!!! "Phone failure trouble" "Low battery etc"
    At this point I'm just ready to put a hammer through it....I know, I know, it's attached to the mains, I won't, but I want to!!

Is there anything at all I can do to stop this? If I have an electrician come and disconnect it from the mains will that work? I don't even want it as a stand alone alarm now, I just want rid. In the more immediate sense if there a way of switching off the volume? I'm not sure I'll make it through the night sane if I have to listen to it all night long!

I tried covering up the speaker with duck tape, but it was no help at all.

I have a pic of it, but I just signed up for boards and can't post the pic here. I've no idea which alarm it is. It's got a speaker on the left, panel with the day and date at the top, underneath is the keypad and to the right is the phonewatch blurb. It's white/cream. Very plain, no visible "panel" to open. And a small antennae type thing out the top. If that's any help.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. And apologies again for hijacking this thread.

Hi
    I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but my alarm is gone totally schizo!
    It's been in since '06 and the only code I have is for switching it on and off. I have no engineer code or account number as I inherited the alarm. Every evening around 7pm it used to let out five sharp beeps and until I went and put in the code it would continue to do so every minute or so. I phoned eircom but they want me to pay silly money for them to disconnect it totally. Was able to cope with that, but now it's just gone nuts.
    I came home from a week in hospital today to find that it's beeping all the time. Stops for about two minutes then five beeps, stops for two minutes then five beeps...it's like a form of torture!!! "Phone failure trouble" "Low battery etc"
    At this point I'm just ready to put a hammer through it....I know, I know, it's attached to the mains, I won't, but I want to!!

Is there anything at all I can do to stop this? If I have an electrician come and disconnect it from the mains will that work? I don't even want it as a stand alone alarm now, I just want rid. In the more immediate sense if there a way of switching off the volume? I'm not sure I'll make it through the night sane if I have to listen to it all night long!

I tried covering up the speaker with duck tape, but it was no help at all.

I have a pic of it, but I just signed up for boards and can't post the pic here. I've no idea which alarm it is. It's got a speaker on the left, panel with the day and date at the top, underneath is the keypad and to the right is the phonewatch blurb. It's white/cream. Very plain, no visible "panel" to open. And a small antennae type thing out the top. If that's any help.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. And apologies again for hijacking this thread.

The system you have is a concord system.
    What is it saying is the low battery?
    The system is also looking to dial out, this is the previous beeps you are experiencing. To stop this you need to delete the phone numbers programmed into the system.

Thanks Altor. I have no idea how to do that sadly.
    Normally it's just on the display but on pressing the status button I get the voice saying "System, low battery trouble"
    All the other things are the voice activated stuff..phone failure trouble, report aborted, etc etc

Thanks Altor. I have no idea how to do that sadly.
    Normally it's just on the display but on pressing the status button I get the voice saying "System, low battery trouble"
    All the other things are the voice activated stuff..phone failure trouble, report aborted, etc etc

If it is saying system low battery it is the battery in the main control panel.
    The battery you need is a 12 V 2.2 Amp. Turn off the mains. If you open the control panels screws the front lid comes off. The screen is released from the top using a screw driver. It will drop down when you prize it away. The back up battery is located in behind this. Just make sure you connect the positive to positive and negative to negative.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Altor, you've been most helpful. I will try for a battery tomorrow and perhaps by evening we will be beep free! :D

Thanks so much Altor, you've been most helpful. I will try for a battery tomorrow and perhaps by evening we will be beep free! :D

Your welcome, any of the suppliers here will have the battery in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peptaz

Hi...another crazy PW alarm problem....system not monitered anymore..due to a power cut to panel supply the alarm system powered off. On power resuming the system needed a master code. I didn't have it but tried 0000 and now the system is repeatedly and loudly asking "..time not changed, please enter time". I have tried everything but cannot enter a time or get it to stop. Its 12.45 a m and is maddening. Help please. Very old system I think.... it has a small top panel with 6 lights eg call engjneer, mains fail, voltage ok etc and larger lower panel with status, bypass, lights, test etc buttons and key pad (which is very hard to use as push buttons failing)
    Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.

peptaz wrote: »
    Hi...another crazy PW alarm problem....system not monitered anymore..due to a power cut to panel supply the alarm system powered off. On power resuming the system needed a master code. I didn't have it but tried 0000 and now the system is repeatedly and loudly asking "..time not changed, please enter time". I have tried everything but cannot enter a time or get it to stop. Its 12.45 a m and is maddening. Help please. Very old system I think.... it has a small top panel with 6 lights eg call engjneer, mains fail, voltage ok etc and larger lower panel with status, bypass, lights, test etc buttons and key pad (which is very hard to use as push buttons failing)
    Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.

From the sounds of it you have an old system. The system has more than likely defaulted to factory setting meaning the system will need to be set back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 peptaz

Hi Altor- I was hoping that you would reply as you seem to be the guru on PW systems...what do I need to set the system back up - it is STILL talking.
    thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yes we can!!

Hi

I see here that someone maybe able to help me also with an Eircom Phonewatch issue- I have the unit installed since 2006- we got the monitoring and phone line disconnecetd many years ago so its just a stand alone alarm now.For the past 3 days and nights the panel is beeping"6 beeps" and when i check the online instruction manual it says they are trouble beeps- I press the system status and get several messages- one is that the battery is low- I dont have the engineers code and when i contacted phonewatch they wont give it to me- i dont have the account number or phone number as they requested. They did offer a technician to call out but the price quoted was extortionate.

Mod edit.
    No we can't help with engineers codes, check the charter if you need more info thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

peptaz wrote: »
    Hi Altor- I was hoping that you would reply as you seem to be the guru on PW systems...what do I need to set the system back up - it is STILL talking.
    thank you !

Do you have the manual?
    You would need to set up time date codes & reinstall all wireless devices & set up zone groups .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is either the panel battery that is low or a device battery.What exactly does the announcement say?

Hi

Its lists off all the sensors on the windows ,the door sensors and that the battery is low......

Is it saying low battery each time?
    If so I'd say replace them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

If you want to keep your Simon 3 alarm without outside intervention you can click on this link print it out and educate yourself about it. With the assistance of Altor and one or two others I was able to do the same with another PW alarm panel, the Concord. I'm very familiar with it now. Battery changing on sensors and the control panel is a now 20 minute job. I doubt you need the dealer code to change batteries on a Simon 3.

Mod edit.
    Request for manual sticky is on the main forum page.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!!

Advertisement