Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One League - Signup Here!

Options
  • 01-09-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I just thought I'd set this thread up to get some discussion going about the possibility of an Xbox One league.

First things first, how many players do we have wanting to play and is a connected franchise on Xbox One a viable option?

I'm in anyway to start us off.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll be in once I get a One and the game, but that could be 2 months away so probably best to carry on if we have numbers for a league.

I'm knee deep in marathon training at the moment so don't really have time for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I'm in if we can get one going!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think there are a few options.

1) start a franchise with very few users
    2) do like the pfl and just have ranked games until Xmas
    3) stay 360 til xmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I think there are a few options.

1) start a franchise with very few users
    2) do like the pfl and just have ranked games until Xmas
    3) stay 360 til xmas :pac:

I'm good with one or two. Perhaps two would be fairer to everyone with a fresh start for most at christmas in an xbox one league?

Option 3 is unfortunately not an option for me! Game is stunning on Xbox One though!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Im up for joining a league on One. Maybe try running one till xmas and see how many switch and start a new one then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Option 2 is a good bit of work if you want to keep anything more basic than W/L records. The easiest thing to do I think would be to create a shared spreadsheet and let the winner update it themselves.

I think this may be a better system until we get up to at least 10-12 teams, which will hopefully be around December.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

I'm in anytime

Im up for a league on the One.
    Wont have the game till next week tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The numbers really aren't there for this it appears. I joined a league on Madden PFL and I've seen that they're taking sign ups for another league to start at the minute.

Anyone looking for an Xbox One league now should probably head over there and get their name down for it.

Paully D wrote: »
    The numbers really aren't there for this it appears. I joined a league on Madden PFL and I've seen that they're taking sign ups for another league to start at the minute.

Anyone looking for an Xbox One league now should probably head over there and get their name down for it.

Whats the standard of player there? Is that www.maddenpfl.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

guns4all wrote: »
    Whats the standard of player there? Is that www.maddenpfl.com

http://maddenpfl.com/forums/
    then go to the Join A league forum and say youre Irish.. they love Irish

decent standard, depending on the league will likely be better than the ours, but there is generally a much bigger difference in class

i.e you could have 10 mikeys/perrins and then most of the rest are average

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

http://maddenpfl.com/forums/
    then go to the Join A league forum and say youre Irish.. they love Irish

decent standard, depending on the league will likely be better than the ours, but there is generally a much bigger difference in class

i.e you could have 10 mikeys/perrins and then most of the rest are average

Both heli and I can vouch for that! I went 4-12 with the falcons last season... But great site and enjoyable banter!

Wife called to ask what bundle of Xbox one I wanted.. Told her to put it back, baffles me some time! I told her once I bought the 360 version then I was on it til Christmas " sure it's a new game, why wouldn't it work"

Wife called to ask what bundle of Xbox one I wanted.. Told her to put it back, baffles me some time! I told her once I bought the 360 version then I was on it til Christmas " sure it's a new game, why wouldn't it work"

Women, huh?

"Just paused it"
    "I can't, I'm playing online!"

Yep was looking at that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

yeah seen that im very tempted

Have it reserved, so will hopefully pick up tomorrow at lunchtime!

Actually not available till Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Dang!

• Advertisement

Picked up one in Dundrum at lunchtime, ordered Madden off Amazon so should be up and running soon.

I've a reservation code for Nutgrove if anyone wants it?

You'd need to pick up the Xbox today and Destiny then Titanfall on Friday if I'm reading the availability right.

OK, let's get this going, sign up below for an Xbox one league, we will start once we get 10/12 players.

1. Adrian522
    2. Paully D
    3. Nelbert
    4. guns4all
    5. Joyce88
    6. Carroller*
    7. linebacker52*
    8. Mikeyt086*
    9. Perrin
    10. Guns4all

* - Previously expressed an interest, not posted on this thread though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Add me to the list.

Added!

Yep up for this, joined the PFL as well, so lots of Madden this year!

Unfortunately I won't be able to commit to this lads. I'm already in a league on Madden PFL and starting a new job alongside having time for other games such as FIFA means that I won't have the spare time to compete in more than one Madden league.

Well you know which league you should be in in that case :)

Also where are you playing Fifa? Wouldn't mind a few friendlies or something, never played it before though.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well you know which league you should be in in that case :)

Also where are you playing Fifa? Wouldn't mind a few friendlies or something, never played it before though.

I know mate. If this one had started off at the beginning I definitely would have been in for this, but the PFL one is a full league so far more human games and I don't really want to pull out of it now after committing (though given the way I've started with the Titans it's tempting :pac:).

I usually just play online season mode in FIFA. If you see me on some day and want a few friendlies just give me a shout. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Madden Pro club?

• Advertisement

Picking up my one tomorrow

Advertisement