Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fail to see how any nfl player could get dehydrated
    It's so stop / start due to the nature of the game. So you always see players getting a drink! :pac:

and oxygen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Suspect tonight will go one of two ways:

1. We beat the Colts out the gate

2. We play like absolute dog****, fall behind and scramble into a late comeback which ultimately falls short

Given the way both us and the colts are, neither would surprise me.

If 1 it's back to our usual script setting ourselves up for a first round disappointment in January. If 2 we're going to have our hands so full with San Diego all year that a first round defeat would be a blessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's regular season, you'll smash the Colts and look unbeatable. :)

It's regular season, you'll smash the Colts and look unbeatable. :)

And lose to them in the divisional round. Feel free to quote me on this one in 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Our pass rush is horrible.

Talib tip on that INT. Nice start by him.

It's been a grim nightmare for the Colt's so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Denver really lighting it up.

No pressure on Manning whatsoever. Coupled with the Colt's awful O-line this is gonna be a long night.

It's really frustrating in the context of how last season ended just how awesome we can be at times. This has been an absolute stroll so far.

Typically though, i have Demaryius in Fantasy and my opponent has Julius. ****. Sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah the Broncos look really good tonight and they might even win the conference but the real strength in the NFL right now is on the NFC side. Seahawks and 49er are well ahead of everybody else right now I think.

Rough call - Doubt TY would have got to that.

Horse**** call. Really worried now though, we famously blew a game like this last year so i expect the same tonight, especially seeing as it's the colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Thats game

spiralism wrote: »
    Horse**** call. Really worried now though, we famously blew a game like this last year so i expect the same tonight, especially seeing as it's the colts.

Chill out, we have been terrible so far. You'll put up another 14 on us at least before the night is out.

Really impressed with the defence tonight. Hope we don't leak a couple of garbage scores now and taint what's been an excellent showing on their part.

Offence had an amazing first half and has been totally anonymous the second

Just as i say it we leak a ****ty garbage score to taint the defensive effort. There's no team like us for slacking off defensively with a lead late on and it ruins a good defensive effort. 17 allowed is unfair on what they've shown for tonight so this sort of craic pisses me off dearly

I have no idea what the **** i just watched that second half. Sublime to ridiculous tbh but a wins a win and against a good team to boot. Not getting anywhere in the playoffs based on that though.

Manning now joins Favre as the only other QB to record a win against each and every team in the NFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Didn't get to see any of the games last night :( Lots to catch up on today though so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭deisedude

Are NFL.com still doing highlights packages for each game? In work and cant check right now but couldn't find game highlights for Green Bay Seahawks last week on the mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

If you haven't already you need to do yourself a favour and watch JJ Watt's performance last night.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    If you haven't already you need to do yourself a favour and watch JJ Watt's performance last night.

link for hilights??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

He's a sicko. He was unlucky not to register that second sack when intentional grounding was called.

Himself, Gerald McCoy and Luke Keuchley all had big games yesterday. Good to see Willis being effective (although he was probably shown up in rush defence a bit) as well. Add Earl Thomas, Richard Seymour (when teams through the ball to his receiver) and Lavonte David in the mix and there is some good competition for Defensive player of the year!

Paul Pauszney registered 11 solo sacks last night, always awesome in idp points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    He's a sicko. He was unlucky not to register that second sack when intentional grounding was called.

Himself, Gerald McCoy and Luke Keuchley all had big games yesterday. Good to see Willis being effective (although he was probably shown up in rush defence a bit) as well. Add Earl Thomas, Richard Seymour (when teams through the ball to his receiver) and Lavonte David in the mix and there is some good competition for Defensive player of the year!

Haha obviously Richard Sherman was meant to be quoted above. Richard Seymour was fast,but not that fast!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Paul Pauszney registered 11 solo sacks last night, always awesome in idp points

Pretty sure you mean tackles :pac:

Pretty sure you mean tackles :pac:

.......that i did

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

link for hilights??

Watch the condensed game on game pass if you can. I'm not exaggerating when I say he impacted pretty much every Redskin offensive series.

Blocked PAT, forced fumble, tackle for loss, QB pressures, sack, dominant against the run. And Clowney came out early too.

It doesn't make sense how anyone can be that good at football.

Watch the condensed game on game pass if you can. I'm not exaggerating when I say he impacted pretty much every Redskin offensive series.

Blocked PAT, forced fumble, tackle for loss, QB pressures, sack, dominant against the run. And Clowney came out early too.

It doesn't make sense how anyone can be that good at football.

I know he did the bastard, slotted him into my starting FF lineup for 1 measely point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

What channel are the Monday night games on this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

Starts on Eurosport 2 at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Starts on Eurosport 2 at midnight

They also have a round up show on at 11pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He was like that all last year too despite the Texans being rubbish. He really should have won DPotY.

Just saw the Texans-Skins highlights, RGIII looks like he can barely move. Did Shanahan ruin his career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Just saw the Texans-Skins highlights, RGIII looks like he can barely move. Did Shanahan ruin his career?

Yep, and all to get into a wild card round in a year where they never had a chance of going the whole way. Flushing years worth of high draft picks down the toilet in the process. No matter how much I think he cannot possibly get any more hateable, Mike Shanahan finds a way.

Let's go Giants!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I was making notes on pre-season games for fantasy/betting purposes (not that it did me any use), what I wrote for the Redskins:

- General: Don’t want any part of this offense.
    - Dislike: RG3, staying in pocket and looks to have lost pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Let's go Giants!!

No Huddle Punters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

MEGATRON

Really, Megatron, that open :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Silly Megaton is silly.

Farcical coverage, though.

Eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Giants going with "Don't cover Calvin Johnson" strategy tonight, can see that workin real well

how do you have nobody covering megatron

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Great start. Hope they keep it up.

DRC gave up no catches in preseason, and then there's that.

Fairly poor all around. Moore misses the sack completely, and then we blow coverage in horrendous fashion.

Heart in mouth time!!

Well that wasn't too bad of a drive, least we didn't turn it over

Well that wasn't too bad of a drive, least we didn't turn it over

Game Plan in full flow

• Advertisement

That girly scream from JPP didn't sound good

Advertisement