Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sorry not really watching that game at all but the stats don't back up what you are saying....

Williams doing ok but he is only 11 for 47 yards. Stewart has 7 rushes for 13 yards, Anderson 3 for 10 and Tolbert 4 for 5. Those numbers don't look very good really.

On paper it prob does not look that impressive but the yards after initial contact would be interesting. They are making 2 or 3 yards after initial contact alot of the time. They are just bruising up Tampa Bay.....

Carolina won't have huge plays in terms of yardage with these guys but they are ruining straight and hard and running over the top of Tampa Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What a catch by Mike Evans!

EDIT - it won't count, shame. Just about out of bounds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

ugh what a poxy play if it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Texans fear No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney has a meniscus tear that could require arthroscopic surgery, per source

Uh oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Tampa put themselves in a position to at least have a chance at the game. Then give up a penalty and then fumble.

Luke Keuchly is a beast all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Commentator said it best. Dallas Cowboys offense just dug themselves a hole too big to get out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Commentator said it best. Dallas Cowboys offense Romo just dug themselves a hole too big to get out of.

As usual commentators too kind on Romo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

How does a pro athlete get dehydration during a game. Something not quite right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

eagle eye wrote: »
    Cowboys are shockingly bad. Jason Garrett must have some dirt on Jerry Jones to still have a job. As a matter of fact to actually get the job in the first place the way it happened it just might really be the case!

The Ravens had fired Billlick and offered the job to Garrett who turned it down. He returned to Dallas to remain as OC. The Ravens then passed over the DC Rex Ryan and hired a little known special teams and secondary coach from Philadelphia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

How does a pro athlete get dehydration during a game. Something not quite right there.

Fail to see how any nfl player could get dehydrated
    It's so stop / start due to the nature of the game. So you always see players getting a drink! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fail to see how any nfl player could get dehydrated
    It's so stop / start due to the nature of the game. So you always see players getting a drink! :pac:

and oxygen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Suspect tonight will go one of two ways:

1. We beat the Colts out the gate

2. We play like absolute dog****, fall behind and scramble into a late comeback which ultimately falls short

Given the way both us and the colts are, neither would surprise me.

If 1 it's back to our usual script setting ourselves up for a first round disappointment in January. If 2 we're going to have our hands so full with San Diego all year that a first round defeat would be a blessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's regular season, you'll smash the Colts and look unbeatable. :)

It's regular season, you'll smash the Colts and look unbeatable. :)

And lose to them in the divisional round. Feel free to quote me on this one in 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Our pass rush is horrible.

Talib tip on that INT. Nice start by him.

It's been a grim nightmare for the Colt's so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Denver really lighting it up.

No pressure on Manning whatsoever. Coupled with the Colt's awful O-line this is gonna be a long night.

It's really frustrating in the context of how last season ended just how awesome we can be at times. This has been an absolute stroll so far.

Typically though, i have Demaryius in Fantasy and my opponent has Julius. ****. Sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,122 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah the Broncos look really good tonight and they might even win the conference but the real strength in the NFL right now is on the NFC side. Seahawks and 49er are well ahead of everybody else right now I think.

Rough call - Doubt TY would have got to that.

Horse**** call. Really worried now though, we famously blew a game like this last year so i expect the same tonight, especially seeing as it's the colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Thats game

spiralism wrote: »
    Horse**** call. Really worried now though, we famously blew a game like this last year so i expect the same tonight, especially seeing as it's the colts.

Chill out, we have been terrible so far. You'll put up another 14 on us at least before the night is out.

Really impressed with the defence tonight. Hope we don't leak a couple of garbage scores now and taint what's been an excellent showing on their part.

Offence had an amazing first half and has been totally anonymous the second

Just as i say it we leak a ****ty garbage score to taint the defensive effort. There's no team like us for slacking off defensively with a lead late on and it ruins a good defensive effort. 17 allowed is unfair on what they've shown for tonight so this sort of craic pisses me off dearly

I have no idea what the **** i just watched that second half. Sublime to ridiculous tbh but a wins a win and against a good team to boot. Not getting anywhere in the playoffs based on that though.

Manning now joins Favre as the only other QB to record a win against each and every team in the NFL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Didn't get to see any of the games last night :( Lots to catch up on today though so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭deisedude

Are NFL.com still doing highlights packages for each game? In work and cant check right now but couldn't find game highlights for Green Bay Seahawks last week on the mobile app

Advertisement