Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

If you haven't already you need to do yourself a favour and watch JJ Watt's performance last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

SameOleJay wrote: »
    If you haven't already you need to do yourself a favour and watch JJ Watt's performance last night.

link for hilights??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

He's a sicko. He was unlucky not to register that second sack when intentional grounding was called.

Himself, Gerald McCoy and Luke Keuchley all had big games yesterday. Good to see Willis being effective (although he was probably shown up in rush defence a bit) as well. Add Earl Thomas, Richard Seymour (when teams through the ball to his receiver) and Lavonte David in the mix and there is some good competition for Defensive player of the year!

Paul Pauszney registered 11 solo sacks last night, always awesome in idp points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    He's a sicko. He was unlucky not to register that second sack when intentional grounding was called.

Himself, Gerald McCoy and Luke Keuchley all had big games yesterday. Good to see Willis being effective (although he was probably shown up in rush defence a bit) as well. Add Earl Thomas, Richard Seymour (when teams through the ball to his receiver) and Lavonte David in the mix and there is some good competition for Defensive player of the year!

Haha obviously Richard Sherman was meant to be quoted above. Richard Seymour was fast,but not that fast!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Paul Pauszney registered 11 solo sacks last night, always awesome in idp points

Pretty sure you mean tackles :pac:

Pretty sure you mean tackles :pac:

.......that i did

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

link for hilights??

Watch the condensed game on game pass if you can. I'm not exaggerating when I say he impacted pretty much every Redskin offensive series.

Blocked PAT, forced fumble, tackle for loss, QB pressures, sack, dominant against the run. And Clowney came out early too.

It doesn't make sense how anyone can be that good at football.

Watch the condensed game on game pass if you can. I'm not exaggerating when I say he impacted pretty much every Redskin offensive series.

Blocked PAT, forced fumble, tackle for loss, QB pressures, sack, dominant against the run. And Clowney came out early too.

It doesn't make sense how anyone can be that good at football.

I know he did the bastard, slotted him into my starting FF lineup for 1 measely point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

What channel are the Monday night games on this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Langdon Alger

Starts on Eurosport 2 at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Starts on Eurosport 2 at midnight

They also have a round up show on at 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He was like that all last year too despite the Texans being rubbish. He really should have won DPotY.

Just saw the Texans-Skins highlights, RGIII looks like he can barely move. Did Shanahan ruin his career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Just saw the Texans-Skins highlights, RGIII looks like he can barely move. Did Shanahan ruin his career?

Yep, and all to get into a wild card round in a year where they never had a chance of going the whole way. Flushing years worth of high draft picks down the toilet in the process. No matter how much I think he cannot possibly get any more hateable, Mike Shanahan finds a way.

Let's go Giants!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I was making notes on pre-season games for fantasy/betting purposes (not that it did me any use), what I wrote for the Redskins:

- General: Don’t want any part of this offense.
    - Dislike: RG3, staying in pocket and looks to have lost pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Let's go Giants!!

No Huddle Punters!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

MEGATRON

Really, Megatron, that open :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Silly Megaton is silly.

Farcical coverage, though.

Eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Giants going with "Don't cover Calvin Johnson" strategy tonight, can see that workin real well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

how do you have nobody covering megatron

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Great start. Hope they keep it up.

DRC gave up no catches in preseason, and then there's that.

Fairly poor all around. Moore misses the sack completely, and then we blow coverage in horrendous fashion.

Heart in mouth time!!

Well that wasn't too bad of a drive, least we didn't turn it over

Well that wasn't too bad of a drive, least we didn't turn it over

Game Plan in full flow

• Advertisement

That girly scream from JPP didn't sound good

Advertisement