Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Never saw that, probably on a fridge trip. But if the Pack lose this, I'd be looking at their shocking defense and some poor O line play. Their rookie centre has also struggled. Rodgers is the last man I'll be blaming.

Shocking defence?? packers defence is only shocking when it plays better than head desk smashingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Billy86 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if Brady, Brees, etc are playing in Seahawks Stadium this season.

The noise plays a huge factor there and the GB centre in particular has struggled with it. Any team will struggle with it, but crucially the Saints & Pats have a much better defense than GB have. An offense should be prepared to struggle in that environment, but a defense needs to be able to shut down the Hawks offense.
    That SB win, in such crushing fashion, may have had a big psychological impact or opposing offences maybe?

Possibly, but I don't think it will. The Broncos & Manning had an unprecedented meltdown. And I think it was more to do with a lack of toughness. Eric Decker was easily intimidated since he always had a soft centre. Kam Chancellor gave Julius Thomas a big & clean hit early in the game and Thomas melted away. The game was decided pretty early on imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well there's a shocker.

54056483.jpg

Wilson literally shuffled forward, in a passing motion, for 15 yards there.

Pretty pathetic display all around. Going to spend the year ****ing complaining about capers just like i have the last two years

• Advertisement

Oh look, the middle of the field wide open again. Dom Capers' "red sea" defensive scheme continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,085 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just too easy. Lot of people will be rethinking who is going to win the NFC this year after this. Packers look very poor on defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's just too easy for Seattle. Poor showing from the Pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Dom Capers' "red sea" defensive scheme continues.

Pretty sure I heard Wilson shouting 'Moses is the Mic' on that play.

Ah sure why not go for it, I mean a FG word have finished the game anyway but you're more likely to miss from 30 yards than we are to stop you from any yards.

At least that won me my bet on 47.5 points. Was petrified they would run the clock down and kneel it. Pathetic performances from top to bottom, but I didn't think we would be winning anyway.

WWe all called it last year and before that too, Capers is not good at his job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,789 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only saw the last quarter. But giving up 26 before I saw it in the 4th seems to confirmed but what I read here. Packers D didn't do well.

Eddie lacy has a concussion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just watched the condensed version. It looks like a healthy Percy Harvin is going to make a huge difference to Seattle. Really liked what I saw from their offense last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Conked out at half-time but the writing was on the wall early on. Got the highlights this morning. No matter what we won't win games if we give up plays on defense like we did last night. As Billy said, it's blatantly obvious that if you run slant routes, read option plays or your QB is mobile then you're more than likely going to knock seven shades of **** out of us. And now with Raji gone, we'll more than likely revert back to our old woe of giving up massive yardage to the run even when it's daft **** like 2nd and 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

"In an effort to create an electrifying homefield advantage this Sunday against the Panthers, we are offering our most loyal and tenured members two complimentary tickets to share with your friends,"

Bucs offering all fans who have held seasons tickets since at least 2007 two complimentary tickets for Week 1

I know they struggle for attendances but a nice move all the same and rewarding loyal fans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Usually enjoy seeing the Packers being beaten, but enjoyment kinda tempered by how awesome the Seahawks look, and how hard it'll be for anyone in the NFC to get past them.

That Harvin sweep they run, and the variatons of it, looks devastating. Can hand it off, throw to the other side, give to Lynch to run up the middle. And they run it from a pass formation, so you got Harvin or Lynch running into a pass-defense. Looks very hard to stop.

Is any one else shattered ? By February I'm running on very little sleep. Christ I'm out of game shape. I'll have to re watch the game but my recollections of what I saw live and what I watched this morning are that the Seahawks look very very good. And also the packers D looked poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Last nights performance has to be a big worry for Packers fans and backers for the division.

Last nights performance has to be a big worry for Packers fans and backers for the division.

I wouldn say a big worry. They are the best defence in the league and sb winners for a reason. The big worry is capers still has a job. We will still stroll our division

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

I wouldn say a big worry. They are the best defence in the league and sb winners for a reason. The big worry is capers still has a job. We will still stroll our division

You're not strolling anything with that run D bro.

It's abysmal.

• Advertisement

SameOleJay wrote: »
    You're not strolling anything with that run D bro.

It's abysmal.

has been the last 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

has been the last 3 years

Right, with a .5 and 1 win lead at season end the last 2. I'm not sure how relevant 2011 is, the offence was on another level then. I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seattle O-Line looked solid if unspectacular. Britt certainly has the run game down, but pass protection will need to and will hopefully improve.

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Right, with a .5 and 1 win lead at season end the last 2. I'm not sure how relevant 2011 is, the offence was on another level then. I may be wrong.
    We got there last season with our defence just as bad and arguably the best player in the league out for half the year. We got there in 2012 despite an equally terrible defense, no running game and a comical litany of injuries across the whole team (even more so than usual) and while in 2011 we had an historically great offense, we also had an historically bad defence.

TThe Vikings have lots of holes and a rookie QB/Cassel, the Lions are always one of/the safest but to implode in the league even if they do hit form. There are the Bears I guess, but they also have a lot of questions about them.

The lack of competence in our competitors has funny enough been probably the main reason Dom Capers wasn't fired years ago. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,085 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We got there last season with our defence just as bad and arguably the best player in the league out for half the year. We got there in 2012 despite an equally terrible defense, no running game and a comical litany of injuries across the whole team (even more so than usual) and while in 2011 we had an historically great offense, we also had an historically bad defence.

TThe Vikings have lots of holes and a rookie QB/Cassel, the Lions are always one of/the safest but to implode in the league even if they do hit form. There are the Bears I guess, but they also have a lot of questions about them.

The lack of competence in our competitors has funny enough been probably the main reason Dom Capers wasn't fired years ago. Shame.
    You are pointing out the potential problems of other teams in the division but the Packers OL is a huge issue and if Rodgers doesn't get time then you are going to lose a lot of games. I'm not sold in the defense either, it looks set up to get to the QB but I don't think you will have much success against the run.

I fancy the Lions to win the division and I think the Bears will be their closest rivals. Vikes are a dark horse with Turner running the offense. Its going to be a tough year for the Packers but then again you have a great head coach so I wouldn't rule out the Packers winning the division.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are pointing out the potential problems of other teams in the division but the Packers OL is a huge issue and if Rodgers doesn't get time then you are going to lose a lot of games. I'm not sold in the defense either, it looks set up to get to the QB but I don't think you will have much success against the run.

I fancy the Lions to win the division and I think the Bears will be their closest rivals. Vikes are a dark horse with Turner running the offense. Its going to be a tough year for the Packers but then again you have a great head coach so I wouldn't rule out the Packers winning the division.
    Our offensive line was awful yesterday, but was if anything worse for much of 2012 (as well as having no run game to help out).

Maybe the Lions do well this season with the new coach, but they are one of those teams to me that get talked up a lot every offseason, have a good bit of on paper talent, but just dont have that something to put it all together and so never live up to the hype. Bears could do it but also have plenty of issues, but the Vikings are a good bit off in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

On our number 3 LT, number 3 C, and 3 of our 4 TEs are out already, by week two. Also our star RB.

Just another standard year in Lambeau, with Capers taking a public dump under the goalposts as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Billy, is it true that you're selling these on Ebay? :pac:

capersvoodoo.jpg

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Billy, is it true that you're selling these on Ebay? :pac:

capersvoodoo.jpg

I will buy 1000

Advertisement