Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord here and refusing to leave

Options
  • 01-09-2014 1:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭

I'm waiting on the guards.

He broke into the house, him and his 2 accomplices.

He's now sitting on my front doorstep, for the past 45 minutes.

Where do I stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wait for the Gardai. Have him removed and charged with unlawful entry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Export wrote: »
    Where do I stand?
    Legal discussion -->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Have you paid your rent etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

They'll tell me nothing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

why did he come in ? are you having issues with him? More info needed before proper advice can be given

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

The guards should tell HIM where to stand pretty quickly, irrespective of all the background info you're not giving here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

They'll tell me nothing lol

Eh? Surely you know yourself if you paid your rent?

But, yes, that's not fully relevant. Wait for the Guards. They'll sort it.

Autonomous wrote: »
    Have you paid your rent etc?

I am in arrears of 290. He issued me with a notice of arrears. Then him and the other 2 heavies came up the stairs into my house. The other 2 have left and are standing outside, but he's sitting on the doorstep preventing me from closing the door.

He was just on the phone to the gardai there, and I could overhear the conversation. Guard was lovely to him lol. He explained he was sitting on the doorstep and she sympathised with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Wait for the gardai...even if you're in breach of any condition in your lease. ..There are procedures a landlord has to follow. He can't enter the property without notifying you, unless there's an emergency.

Well he has already entered it and is now refusing to leave.

• Advertisement

I am in arrears of 290. He issued me with a notice of arrears. Then him and the other 2 heavies came up the stairs into my house. The other 2 have left and are standing outside, but he's sitting on the doorstep preventing me from closing the door.

He was just on the phone to the gardai there, and I could overhear the conversation. Guard was lovely to him lol. He explained he was sitting on the doorstep and she sympathised with him.

how long ago did he issue you with notice? and how much notice did he give you?
    still don't think he should be allowed to break in and sit on door step thought, it should all be followed through the proper channels.
    have you rang the guards yourself and given your side of the storey?

I am waiting on the guards. Can't do anything else while the ape is in my door!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

maybe provide the full story here rather than a snippet so you can get full advice.

ultimately even if your in arrears he cant enter the property but I think the full story here would allow some better advice be provided to you on the overall situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

You sound like a tool... why all the "lols"
    Pay up your rent and cop on.

Landlord is also wrong.

Oh...he gave you notice.

messrs wrote: »
    how long ago did he issue you with notice? and how much notice did he give you?
    still don't think he should be allowed to break in and sit on door step thought, it should all be followed through the proper channels.
    have you rang the guards yourself and given your side of the storey?
    2 weeks ago, he sent a solicitors letter about being in arrears.
    Yes, I rang the guards. About 45 minutes ago.

Oh...he gave you notice.

He did.

I am waiting on the guards. Can't do anything else while the ape is in my door!

'Ape'? He's your landlord and you owe him rent.

To be honest I don't know if the guards would come out for this sort of situation - maybe the will but would they not deem this as some sort of 'domestic' and tell ye to sort it out among yourselves.
    have you tried to talk with your landlord, agree a time frame when you can pay him back the arrears you owe him?

D3PO wrote: »
    maybe provide the full story here rather than a snippet so you can get full advice.

ultimately even if your in arrears he cant enter the property but I think the full story here would allow some better advice be provided to you on the overall situation.

In arrears of 290 since 1st August.
    Received notice of arrears approx. 2 weeks ago.
    Have been in contact with his solicitor since.
    Today, I was upstairs at 12.30 and him and a woman and man, opened the door with their keys and came up the stairs and told me to leave.
    I told them to leave.
    I rang the guards. He has rang the guards.
    Still waiting on the guards.

As for the LOLZ, call it a nervous laugh.......

• Advertisement

'Ape'? He's your landlord and you owe him rent.
    I don't care if I owe him a million, he can't just break into my home! And then sit there like an ape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Today, I was upstairs at 12.30 and him and a woman and man, opened the door with their keys and came up the stairs and told me to leave.
    I told them to leave.

Could be a while waiting for the guards.

I told them to leave.

ok so assuming he provided legitimate notice of arrears his next step must be to issue notice of eviction.

So he is in the wrong, however its hard to have any sympathy for you based on the attitude you seem to regarding your arrears.

do you intend to pay the arrears ? or are you intending on moving out ?

Have you discussed the situation with him rationally and like an adult and what was the outcome or have you both resorted to being children i.e you calling him an ape and him flaunting tennancy laws ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Have you somewhere to go?

You could always leave under duress and take the five figure payout the PRTB would award you for an illegal eviction...

drumswan wrote: »
    Have you somewhere to go?

You could always leave under duress and take the five figure payout the PRTB would may award you for an illegal eviction...

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

OP starts a lot of ridiculous threads ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I told them to leave.

Make sure you have him charged with Breaking & Entering and follow through with it ............... even if, which they might, the Guards try to talk you out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geret

It seems you were able to pay for internet this month. Prioritise your bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If a tennant isn't paying the rent, the legal process is a long, costly and drawn out one for the landlord. Can sympathise with anyone not willing to go through that, and looking for a more direct route.

Irrespective of the tennants sob story, the LL still has bills to pay

• Advertisement

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Make sure you have him charged with Breaking & Entering and follow through with it ............... even if, which they might, the Guards try to talk you out of it

You cant its a CIVIL Matter :rolleyes: lets stick to the topic this is A&P not after hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement