Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord here and refusing to leave

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

D3PO wrote: »
    it doesnt. Just check PRTB tribunal results and you will see that it doesnt.

Who said it happens in 100% of cases? It would certainly happen in the case of a case of trespassing and same day eviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Export wrote: »
    I don't have any!

Then you should not be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

One thing I would hate to be is a LL with tenants that don't pay.

It is a business for most but also for the ones that had to move for work and negative equity and so on.
    I sympathise with the genuine ones that are decent.

Pay your rent simple.

Really hope laws are tightened up on these matters and the whole rent and allowance is looked into as it is madness the money been pumped out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

davo10 wrote: »
    Then you should not be there.

That's harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Really hope laws are tightened up on these matters and the whole rent and allowance is looked into as it is madness the money been pumped out.

It's already in the process of been done away with and replaced by something different

• Advertisement

It is a business for most but also for the ones that had to move for work and negative equity and so on.
    I sympathise with the genuine ones that are decent.

Pay your rent simple.

This landlord is not in negative equity. He bought this house last year for 80k from the bank. It is a large 3 bed semi. He has since converted the downstairs sitting room into a flat. He is far from a 'decent' landlord. He is a greedy ignorant pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Pay your rent simple.

Whilst I cannot stand anybody who doesnt pay their way weather that be a tenant or a mortgage holder I have to disagree.

What way do you want the laws tightend up ? There has to be some level of protection to prevent us with mass homelesness people just cant be kicked out onto the street a process must be followed and the LL hasnt followed them here.

If I were the LL id be getting the OP out but by fair means not foul. (Unless of course the maths say that doing so illegally is more likely to provide me with the most favourable outcome)

There are certainly reforms that need to be done but not tightening up of rights as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

This landlord is not in negative equity. He bought this house last year for 80k from the bank. It is a large 3 bed semi. He has since converted the downstairs sitting room into a flat. He is far from a 'decent' landlord. He is a greedy ignorant pig.

Export....please do not make statements like this as your LL can more than likely identify himself from this thread if he did a check online.

If you can't conduct yourself in a civil manner on the forum I will lock up the thread.

drumswan wrote: »
    Who said it happens in 100% of cases? It would certainly happen in the case of a case of trespassing and same day eviction.

No it would not. Its likely that an award would be made against the LL and its likely it would be significant i.e in the tousands but there is ZERO evidence to say that award would be 10K plus as people like to say here.

PRTB awards for illegal eviction vary wildly in terms of monetary value and the majority are not 10k plus awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I will pay the rent when I have it. Currently waiting on my dole to come through.

He 'started' with the heavy bully-boy thugish tactics, which brought out the 'stubborn' in me.

Well go to your Community Welfare Office and get an advance. Then pay your rent, ASAP.

Let me put this very bluntly: shelter is one of your most fundamental human needs. Because of this, paying your rent needs to be first priority in your budget.

Pretty often, stubborn and smart don't go together.

Be better than you LL and choose smart instead of stubborn, and things will go a lot better for you in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

tunney wrote: »
    can a rented dwelling ever really be a home?

Of course it can - Practically every Council Hose in the country is and many people spend their entire lives in flats and apartments that they call home.

How long have you lived there BTW ?
    Do you get rent allowance?

Why do you seem to think you should be allowed to stay in a house without paying rent. If you couldn't afford it you shouldn't have signed a lease.

My circumstances since I signed the lease have changed considerably, leaving me in the impossible situation of not affording to pay all of my rent.

They came in as they thought there was no-one here and they had every intention of taking all my stuff out of the house in my absence. I have no doubt about that.

Of course it can - Practically every Council Hose in the country is and many people spend their entire lives in flats and apartments that they call home.

How long have you lived there BTW ?
    Do you get rent allowance?

Since 1st June. He doesn't accept rent allowance, which wasn't an issue when I signed the lease, as I had a job and a co-tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

A month and a half.

How are you behind and how are you planning to get out of arrears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

That's harsh.

Thats life. If you can't support yourself, you suffer. It's been like that since the days of the hunter gatherer

Perhaps try negotiate an increase in rent in return for the LL accepting RA for the duration of the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

My circumstances since I signed the lease have changed considerably, leaving me in the impossible situation of not affording to pay all of my rent.

They came in as they thought there was no-one here and they had every intention of taking all my stuff out of the house in my absence. I have no doubt about that.

When do you intend on leaving?

Zamboni wrote: »
    When do you intend on leaving?

Either at the end of the term of the lease, if I get a job, or at the end of 28 days notice of eviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

1. Breach of the peace wouldnt be down to the tenant to "press charges on" :rolleyes:

2. You cannot be charged with breaking and entering a property that belongs to you. As for your expereince if you have direct experience of the contrary please provide me the case details so I can look it up online ......

1. It would be the Guards who would/could charge Breach of the Peace, the Tenant could press several other charges one of which would be Breaking & Entering ......... :rolleyes:

2. I could do that if I felt the need prove something to you!! :D ???

Also I wouldn't reveal personal information about myself online anyway ............. give me your full name, address and date of birth so I can look up online which law school you attended .......... please :rolleyes:

Since 1st June. He doesn't accept rent allowance, which wasn't an issue when I signed the lease, as I had a job and a co-tenant.

Hmm so you had a job when you moved in 1st of June when you would have paid a months rent in advance to get you to 1st July yet your 1 and a 1/2 months behind on rent already ....

nice troll.

Hmm so you had a job when you moved in 1st of June when you would have paid a months rent in advance to get you to 1st July yet your 1 and a 1/2 months behind on rent already ....

nice troll.

Eh, I'm 290 in arrears from 1st August and am now an additional 580 in arrears as of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Eh, I'm 290 in arrears from 1st August and am now an additional 580 in arrears as of today.

Cheaper just to go

Either at the end of the term of the lease, if I get a job, or at the end of 28 days notice of eviction.

What are the odds like of finding a job and being paid before the 28 days expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

1. Breach of the peace wouldnt be down to the tenant to "press charges on" :rolleyes:

2. You cannot be charged with breaking and entering a property that belongs to you. As for your expereince if you have direct experience of the contrary please provide me the case details so I can look it up online ......
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    1. It would be the Guards who would/could charge Breach of the Peace, the Tenant could press several other charges one of which would be Breaking & Entering ......... :rolleyes:

2. I could do that if I felt the need prove something to you!! :D ???

Also I wouldn't reveal personal information about myself online anyway ............. give me your full name, address and date of birth so I can look up online which law school you attended .......... please :rolleyes:

For the love of God give it over....take this ridiculous spat to pm please.

What are the odds like of finding a job and being paid before the 28 days expire?

Odds?
    I'm not a gambler.

In any case, Notice of Eviction, once validly served, can be carried out, even if I pay all arrears.

Odds?
    I'm not a gambler.

In any case, Notice of Eviction, once validly served, can be carried out, even if I pay all arrears.

So either way you are going to leave the property in 28 days?

So either way you are going to leave the property in 28 days?

I haven't been served with a Notice of Eviction yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Odds?
    I'm not a gambler.

You're acting in a fairly illogical way. He doesn't accept rent allowance, you're unemployed, in arrears, clearly can't afford to pay and won't be able to clear this debt, yet you're running down the clock out of basically sheer malice. You should be moving somewhere cheaper than 580 a month or rent allowance accepted ASAP.

Your landlord is no saint here either. But clearly you need to leave, leave soon (you're going to be served with an eviction notice today, I'd bet), and get yourself sorted out instead of dicking around.

It strikes me as odd that the landlord pulled the trigger on a solicitor etc with you only being two weeks in arrears at the time. Is this your first time late with payment? Much like your post above, I'm not a gambler either, but I'd bet it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

If you're trolling A&P, you're dishonest. Keep the nonsense for after hours.
    If you're trying to do your landlord out of rent, you're dishonest.
    Either way, you seem like a very dishonest person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

So you lost your job and housemate at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

going by your threads, in a 2 week period, you seem to have the worst luck. OP seems like a troll looking for attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement