Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Visa Debit daily limit.

Options
  • 01-09-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have a BOI student debit card and I'm just wondering what is the daily limit on it? I'd like to pay for college fees with it but if they exceed the limit then I'll have to pay another way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi The_Pretender,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

You can spend up to the available funds on your account and it is up to the individual retailer whether they authorise a particularly large transaction or they may divide the transaction up into several smaller transactions. It would be best to check with your college whether using your Visa Debit card be accepted. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Hi The_Pretender,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

You can spend up to the available funds on your account and it is up to the individual retailer whether they authorise a particularly large transaction or they may divide the transaction up into several smaller transactions. It would be best to check with your college whether using your Visa Debit card be accepted. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Am in exactly the same situation as above. Fees are in an AIB account but they have a limit of 2,500 on their Visa Debit cards. If I transfer the money into my current account with BOI should I be okay to pay them (they're over the 2,500)? Been on hold for 10 mins on the phone now...!

Hi CailinGaillimh,

Thanks for your post. 

As I mentioned in my above post, provided you have the funds in your account, this transaction should go through for you. Please check with your college that it is possible to pay with your Visa Debit card. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

if you dont have the funds the tap function for 10euro purchases in shops works, why is that?

if you dont have the funds the tap function for 10euro purchases in shops works, why is that?
    Hi kumate_champ07,

Thanks for your post. 

As this is specific to your account, we wouldn't be able to advise you why this would be the case. Our colleagues on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, through the Online Service Desk, or our phone line 0818 365 365/003531 4044000 will have account access and can look into this further for you. 

In order avoid an unauthorised overdraft on your account, we would always advise you to ensure that you have available the funds on your account before you use your card. You can do this at an ATM, on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, our BOI365 mobile app or by calling into a branch. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement