Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo App private drivers using driver App

Options
  • 01-09-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hailo have now started to let "private drivers" use their driver app and sign up to do jobs. Is this really safe? Who are these private drivers and why are they separated from licenced taxi drivers on the Hailo webpage?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Hailo have now started to let "private drivers" use their driver app and sign up to do jobs. Is this really safe? Who are these private drivers and why are they separated from licenced taxi drivers on the Hailo webpage?

Where did you get that info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

I think it's hailo's attempt to copy UBER. I don't use it. I select taxi only when ordering because at least they have a license number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Are you sure? First point of the driver terms is
    1.1 You can only use Hailo if you are a licensed taxi driver. We will not let you join (in our discretion) where: (i) we have reason to believe that you are not a licensed taxi driver; or (ii) you do not provide the required information and headshot for registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

wally79 wrote: »
    I think it's hailo's attempt to copy UBER. I don't use it. I select taxi only when ordering because at least they have a license number.

Uber in Ireland only offers the choice of Taxi (branded as Uber X) or Limousine (branded as Uber Black), all drivers have the appropriate license for both car and driver.

In other countries Uber X might be private unlicensed drivers, but in Ireland it’s a Taxi. The difference is that the rate is not determined by the taxi meter but rather with the app by taking both mileage and time into account (plus the possible surge pricing).

Also Hailo (to the best of my knowledge, which is why I would like to know where Tommy54 got his info from) the same is the case with Hailo, it’s either a taxi, a premium taxi or a Limo (branded as HailoExec) but not unlicensed drivers/cars.

I think Tommy54 is calling the Limo drivers (again who have a license for both driver and car) “private drivers”.

The only app that I know is offering unlicensed private drivers is wundercar (which claims to be active in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

I think Tommy54 is calling the Limo drivers (again who have a license for both driver and car) “private drivers”.

The only app that I know is offering unlicensed private drivers is wundercar (which claims to be active in Dublin).

I have seen this information on the Hailo website “Get a taxi or licensed car in two quick taps. It’s that easy.” I may have phrased the thread wrong I seen this and wanted to bring it up to ask it as a question. Just like who are these licenced cars.

Does anyone have any more info about this because it's not very clear to me the difference here. Is this just the difference as quoted above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,416 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

.....I may have phrased the thread wrong I seen this and wanted to bring it up to ask it as a question. Just like who are these licenced cars.

The thread title and your posts have the whiff of a smear campaign.

Here is the first section of the Hailo terms and conditions for drivers...

1.1 You can only use Hailo if you are a licensed taxi driver. We will not let you join (in our discretion) where: (i) we have reason to believe that you are not a licensed taxi driver; or (ii) you do not provide the required information and headshot for registration.

https://www.hailocab.com/drivers/terms

Got it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems like unsubstantiated nonsense to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement