Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening present in Australia?

Options
  • 01-09-2014 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee.

Might seem like a stupid request, but a friend in Sydney recently welcomed the arrival of a new baby.

I'm in Ireland, so would like to try and get something online for them, rather than sending it over in the post.

What would be the norm in terms of monetary value for a christening present in Aus these days?

If I were to get a voucher or something online, what would you recommend?

They're in Randwick, so if there was something around there I could even try and get via online, it might be handy too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wouldn't say there's a set amount. Would depend on how close you where to the parents imo.
    For example, a girl I know went home to have a baby. My GF sent her some baby clothes. Another couple we know had a baby here, and she made up an elaborate baby hamper.

Depends on what you wanted to spend. But a "normal" amount would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was at the wedding in NZ a few years back, so would know them well enough. What's the norm now in Aus? $50? $100?

I'm not flush!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

David Jones and Myer have baby sections and are online with free delivery over a certain amount. Some good end of season sales on at the moment too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Excellent, thanks for that.

Advertisement