Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football All Stars 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Can't believe with a team making the quarter final Armagh doesn't get a mention. Surely Andy Mallon and Stephan Campbell should be in with a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Crowley is a cert turniphead. He's had a brilliant season.

You could put P Murphy ahead of Fitzgerald in the corner and Crowley into the half back line so. Only way to accommodate it

James McCarthy will not get an All Star lads. He was flying up until the semi final then got taken for 2-1 by McHugh. That's that

chubba1984 wrote: »
    Paul Durkan
    Paul Murphy
    Neil McGee
    Keith Higgins
    James McCarthy
    Peter Crowley
    Colm Boyle
    David Moran
    Neil Gallagher
    Kevin Nolan
    Michael Murphy
    Diarmuid Connolly
    James O'Donoghue
    Kieran Donaghy
    Cillian O'Connor

McGlynn for McCarthy and Flynn for Nolan(??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

robbiezero wrote: »
    Has Michael Murphy done enough to get one?
    I feel sometimes that the hype is greater than the substance with him.

I have to agree to be honest, everybody seems to assume that he is worthy of an allstar by default but have the performances really matched the perception?

His scoring totals are horrible for what is supposed to be one of the games marquee forwards, picking up points here and there is not good enough for the reputation this guy is getting. I know McGuinness is a lot to blame for that and for turning him into a little more than a grafter, but why is Murphy getting allstars by default when guys like Walsh are doing the same job but getting overlooked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

You should always start with the split and work backwards. Kerry as champions will get six, five on a bad day. Donegal four. Dublin two maybe three. Mayo will get two. It has been unusual for any team in a quarter final to get one for last few years but Armagh/Cork might get one this year.

For Kerry, JOD, Moran, Crowley, Murphy, Donnacha Walsh and either one of Mahoney, Fitzgearld and Donaghy.

For Donegal Durcan, Mcgee, Gallagher and Murphy.

For Dublin, Connolly, Flynn

For Mayo Higgans and O'Connor

The last one will go to a Dub or one of the quarter finalists. However Karl Lacy might be in the hunt and Donegal get five. Micheal Darragh McCauley might get the nod and gallagher get droped for Donegal. Cannot see Mayo going beyond 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

His scoring totals are horrible for what is supposed to be one of the games marquee forwards, picking up points here and there is not good enough for the reputation this guy is getting. I know McGuinness is a lot to blame for that and for turning him into a little more than a grafter, but why is Murphy getting allstars by default when guys like Walsh are doing the same job but getting overlooked?

Little more than a grafter?

Seriously, I must be watching a different player.

Little more than a grafter?

Seriously, I must be watching a different player.

What did the marquee full forward for the all-ireland finalists score from play in this championship?

What did the marquee full forward for the all-ireland finalists score from play in this championship?

What position did the ''marquee full forward'' play in for most of the season? If scoring totals is what you use to judge a player who spent most of his time at midfield and deeper, I'm glad we don't share the same perspective on football.

He was Donegal's best player all season and they reached the all-Ireland final. There's obviously a correlation there that goes beyond just the scores he contributed (some of which were massive) and I cannot be bothered explaining them after such a disappointing end to the season. But suffice to say, he more or less single-handedly changed the course of more than a couple of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You're showing a very basic and to be honest difficult to credit misunderstanding of the fact that in football the number on your back doesn't dictate where you play and what you need to score to be considered playing well. Hasn't done for a fairly long time.

The full forward for Donegal is, was and has always been Colm Anthony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

What position did the ''marquee full forward'' play in for most of the season? If scoring totals is what you use to judge a player who spent most of his time at midfield and deeper, I'm glad we don't share the same perspective on football.

He was Donegal's best player all season and they reached the all-Ireland final. There's obviously a correlation there that goes beyond just the scores he contributed (some of which were massive) and I cannot be bothered explaining them after such a disappointing end to the season. But suffice to say, he more or less single-handedly changed the course of more than a couple of games.

Which games? Got a great score v Armagh alright which set up Donegal to snatch a draw.

Which games? Got a great score v Armagh alright which set up Donegal to snatch a draw.

He absolutely demolished Derry when he went in full forward at the beginning of the second half. He really took control of the game against Armagh and powered the team through to the finish. He was instrumental in 2 of the goals against Dublin.

His general play all season has basically made Donegal tick and he has hit some outrageous scores (sideline vs Derry, 50m vs Monaghan, crucial scores against Armagh when the game was on the line).

In most situations he finds himself at midfield or deeper at the beginning of an attack, and then close to the 13m line at the end of it. To do this effectively for 50-55 minutes a game is impressive in itself, but he has just been the key playmaker en route to the AI final. And I'm missing a whole load of other details.

So how did his contribution differ to Donnecha Walsh? To the extent that one is an automatic pick and the other is forgotten.
    There's obviously a correlation there that goes beyond just the scores he contributed (some of which were massive) and I cannot be bothered explaining them after such a disappointing end to the season. But suffice to say, he more or less single-handedly changed the course of more than a couple of games.

Examples please? Thats the sort of thing thats easy to say but actually is the heart of my point, was he really Donegals best player or is it just accepted that he is just because?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

He absolutely demolished Derry when he went in full forward at the beginning of the second half. He really took control of the game against Armagh and powered the team through to the finish. He was instrumental in 2 of the goals against Dublin.

His general play all season has basically made Donegal tick and he has hit some outrageous scores (sideline vs Derry, 50m vs Monaghan, crucial scores against Armagh when the game was on the line).

In most situations he finds himself at midfield or deeper at the beginning of an attack, and then close to the 13m line at the end of it. To do this effectively for 50-55 minutes a game is impressive in itself, but he has just been the key playmaker en route to the AI final. And I'm missing a whole load of other details.

Instrumental is a bit of a stretch now.
    1 point from play v Armagh, a vital and brilliant one no doubt about that.
    I would think Ryan McHugh has probably been the key playmaker for Donegal, and when his influence was curtailed in the final, it was a major factor in the defeat.
    But anyway we can agree to disagree, its all about opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd pick:

Durcan (final boo boo aside)

Mallon
    McGee
    Higgins

Murphy
    Crowley
    McGlynn

Gallagher
    Moran

Flynn
    Murphy
    Connolly

O'Donoghue
    Donaghy
    O'Connor

Fairly self-explanatory, although I fear Mallon will be over-looked in favour of O'Mahoney, even though he showed better form this year than Colin Walshe did last year on the way to his All Star.

Of course, it all depends on what line Murphy is nominated for. If he is chosen for FF, he'll be in for Donaghy, with Donnacha Walsh picking up the final HF spot. Accommadation wise, the above seems the most balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

So how did his contribution differ to Donnecha Walsh? To the extent that one is an automatic pick and the other is forgotten.

Are you equating Michael Murphy to "riverdance" Walsh? Just because a player has established that he has a great engine, doesn't make him a great player. Don't get me wrong - he's a good player, and important to Kerry as a working half-forward, but in my opinion, he is nowhere near Michael Murphy in terms of performances in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wasn't a draw!

Excellent against Derry when moved in, very good games against Monaghan and Dublin and influential against Armagh when we needed him. The problem is what position to put him in, the committee might put him half forward.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Are you equating Michael Murphy to "riverdance" Walsh? Just because a player has established that he has a great engine, doesn't make him a great player. Don't get me wrong - he's a good player, and important to Kerry as a working half-forward, but in my opinion, he is nowhere near Michael Murphy in terms of performances in 2014.

Its not an unwarranted question. Murphy it seems is sacrificing scoring rate for his contribution out the field, but is he really that more effective in that role than the likes of Walsh or whomever? By many accounts he is a shoe-in for an all star but has he really been that dominant? He still has a few Hollywood moments sure, but as my original post said I don't think his actual performance quite matches up the gushing praise he gets from all angles.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player, he would be one hell of a full forward if McGuinness ever played with attackers, but when it comes to the deeper role I wouldn't have him over the like of Flynn or a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

By many accounts he is a shoe-in for an all star but has he really been that dominant?.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭realweirdo

Instrumental is a bit of a stretch now.
    1 point from play v Armagh, a vital and brilliant one no doubt about that.
    I would think Ryan McHugh has probably been the key playmaker for Donegal, and when his influence was curtailed in the final, it was a major factor in the defeat.
    But anyway we can agree to disagree, its all about opinions.

I think when the powers that be sit down to pick All-Stars they will almost be forced to disregard the final.

As I said in an earlier post about a week ago, its very difficult for the likes of JOD and Ryan McHugh to do anything in a crowded area where you have so many defenders. It was impossible for the forwards on either team to do anything skillful. For example the Kerry forwards scored 3 points from play in the whole game. Donegal didn't get their first point from play until the 28th minute. Classy forwards need space to do their thing.

I'd have McHugh as an All-Star, as well as Murphy. Cillian O'Connor, maybe Paul Flynn, JOD and one other Kerry forward.

I'm not certain Donnaghy played enough game time to merit selection. That's no comment on his performances. He was the difference against Mayo. In the final, he didn't have as much freedom and was always double marked.

• Advertisement

realweirdo wrote: »
    For example the Kerry forwards scored 3 points from play in the whole game.

Donaghy got 1-2, Geaney got 1-1, Buckley got a point - that's 2-4 from play.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Donaghy got 1-2, Geaney got 1-1, Buckley got a point - that's 2-4 from play.

I was referring to putting the ball over the bar, in terms of shooting percentatges. It was something like 35% which must be some kind of record unless you can come up with a comparable stat for a winning team in a final?

But I take your point about the 4 points, I forgot about Buckleys. Still a horrendous stat which underlined why people viewed it as a poor final.

I know there is little chance of you taking off the Kerry jersey and admitting to that.

I think when the powers that be sit down to pick All-Stars they will almost be forced to disregard the final.

Which is interesting considering I have heard a few times that likely all of the picks will come from the semi-finalists. With the final being so lacking in MVP individual performances you would think it would be more likely that guys such as Mallon would stand a chance of recognition. Yet most commentators seem to think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Michael Murphy is in the top bracket of footballers in the country no doubt about it.

Michael Murphy would make everyone's "Best team in Ireland"

BUT

Ryan McHugh performed better in more championship games than Murphy this year as did a few more players,His decoy role he played this year probably enhanced the performances of the other Donegal forwards,But the All Stars are more of an individual award.

McHugh was MOTM in 2 championship games IIRC

The All Stars is supposed to pick the players who played the best in 2014

My predictions

Paul Durcan - By a country mile the most inform keeper on this island in 2014

Marc O Sé - Had a super game in Limerick & wiped out McFadden in the final

Neil McGee - Probably the top defender in 2014

Andy Mallon - Had a great season with Armagh on run to the 1/4's

Keith Higgins - His battle with JOD over 2 games was massive will be enough to secure the gong

Peter Crowley - Won place back in the starting 15 for the 1st Mayo game & been a 9/10 player for remainder of the year

Paul Murphy - Debut season has been brilliant in every game since the McGrath cup in Jan - Finished the season by picking up MOTM in AI Final

David Moran - His Tour de force v Mayo will be remembered for a long time - Been a huge player for Kerry all year
    Neil Gallagher - Another Big player for Donegal in both the Dublin game & the final

Paul Flynn - Another player who always hits high rating's as Dublin cruised to a Leinster & Div 1 double

Diarmuid Connolly - 10/10 Player in every game since Feb - His point v Tyrone in the league was a highlight

Ryan McHugh - MOTM in Ulster final & AI Semi v Dub's

Cillian O Connor - Top scorer in the champ,MOTM v Kerry the 1st day out & had a super game in the replay.

Kieran Donaghy - - A 10 minute cameo saved Kerry's year in the semi before arguably being MOTM in the 2 games he started in -

James O Donoghue - Arguably MOTM in all championship games this year,Held scoreless in Final but had top possessions

Kerry - 6
    Donegal - 4
    Dublin - 2
    Mayo - 2
    Armagh - 1

McHugh will pick up YPOTY with James O D collecting the senior award

I was referring to putting the ball over the bar, in terms of shooting percentatges. It was something like 35% which must be some kind of record unless you can come up with a comparable stat for a winning team in a final?

But I take your point about the 4 points, I forgot about Buckleys. Still a horrendous stat which underlined why people viewed it as a poor final.

I know there is little chance of you taking off the Kerry jersey and admitting to that.

I don't understand why you would go out of your way to not count shots that ended up as scores (i.e. goals) unless you had started with the conclusion you wanted to reach and went looking for arguments to back it up.

When you consider that had Geaney not made a balls of his gilt-edged goal chance which he blazed over your argument would be strengthened, and that it would be weakened if Donaghy had made a balls of his and blasted over it seems pretty likely that you've started with some pretty weak premises.

Which is interesting considering I have heard a few times that likely all of the picks will come from the semi-finalists. With the final being so lacking in MVP individual performances you would think it would be more likely that guys such as Mallon would stand a chance of recognition. Yet most commentators seem to think differently.

It was far from a vintage final. There were no classic displays. There was no-one really who grabbed it by the scruff of the neck with a moment of brilliance. Donaghy's goal was probably the standout moment but it was very nearly handed on a plate to him. He did well to beat Durkan but its not like he beat a few players and then scored a great goal. The Kerry fans will no doubt disagree, in fact expecting that now, as well as something along the lines of "Mayo moaners" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

1. Paul Durcan
    2. Aidan O'Mahoney
    3. Neil McGee
    4. Keith Higgans
    5. Paul Murphy
    6. Peter Crowley
    7. Colm Boyle
    8. Neil Galagher
    9. David Moran
    10. Paul Flynn
    11. Diarmuid Connolly
    12. Donnacha Walsh
    13. Cillian O'Connor
    14. Michael Murphy
    15. James O'Donaghue

YPOTY: Ryan McHugh
    POTY: James O'Donaghue

6 Kerry
    4 Donegal
    3 Mayo
    2 Dublin

It was far from a vintage final. There were no classic displays. There was no-one really who grabbed it by the scruff of the neck with a moment of brilliance. Donaghy's goal was probably the standout moment but it was very nearly handed on a plate to him. He did well to beat Durkan but its not like he beat a few players and then scored a great goal. The Kerry fans will no doubt disagree, in fact expecting that now, as well as something along the lines of "Mayo moaners" etc.

I taught Donaghy would get caught for pace on the run in to score.:rolleyes:

It was far from a vintage final. There were no classic displays. There was no-one really who grabbed it by the scruff of the neck with a moment of brilliance.

Thats what I mean, you think it should open the door to a greater spread of all-stars than most years, yet people seemingly don't expect that to be the case.

Not that there are really any outstanding candidates from the other teams anyway, it really has been a poor year all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Cillian O Connors act of thugery in kicking Killian Young rids him of an all star for me and i think the top score in the championship thing doesnt make him deserving of one, when the vast majority of them came from frees, including 2-3 against new york from placed balls. he scored 4 penalties in total.

he is one of those players that gets alot of handy scores without having to work too hard for getting scores himself.

Cillian O Connors act of thugery in kicking Killian Young rids him of an all star for me and i think the top score in the championship thing doesnt make him deserving of one, when the vast majority of them came from frees, including 2-3 against new york from placed balls. he scored 4 penalties in total.

he is one of those players that gets alot of handy scores without having to work too hard for getting scores himself.

What a joke of a post. You're having a laugh to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Funny the greatest side to ever don a field are only looking at 2/15 all stars.

Without being intentionally disruptive, I'm glad a 'footballer' in J'OD will win FOTY compared to last year's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Yeah but he does it every year.:rolleyes:

Personally i think his performance in Limerick was as good i ever seen in a big championship match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Without being intentionally disruptive, I'm glad a 'footballer' in J'OD will win FOTY compared to last year's offering.

This should be good!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I think the placed kicks argument about O'Connor is a lazy and unoriginal one. Most of his scores do come from placed kicks, but that's because he's the best placekicker in the country, if he were to score as many from play he'd be averaging 12+ points a game!

COC was the best player in every game he played in the Championship this year bar the replay and he wasn't too bad in that either, definitely deserves an All Star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

K-9 wrote: »
    This should be good!

Nah won't be biting on this one ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Made it all the more impressive tbh. If anything, it's easier for 'footballers' like J'OD to win the award. (Mayo fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Murphy was Donegal's most influential forward without question. I'd have MacNiallais ahead of McHugh, maybe even in midfield (he did wear 9) ahead of Gallagher if you had to make room for him. Sounds like Durcan is in and Neil McGee too but I think a few Donegal defenders could stake a fair claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

What a joke of a post. You're having a laugh to be honest.
    I'd take no heed.
    The poster in question has been on an anti Mayo rant since the SF.

I think the term is "sore winner"

In fairness, the only incorrect thing in his post was the 'thuggery' tag. He does pad his scoring with a load of frees and penalties but that is a quality in itself. He's one of the forwards I'd consider for the last forward spot but I haven't seen enough of those candidates to tell them apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

While I think O Connors kick out in the replay has seriously tarnished his year and his reputation. He has to get an all star in all fairness. Terrorised us in both games, and was for large parts Mayos only threat for large parts of both games. Kicked alot of his scores from placed balls but his overall participation was massive and was a big threat. Sure JOD didnt score on Sunday and I thought he still played well.

Last minute of an All-Ireland semi needing a goal and the opposition are trying to waste time by kicking the ball away. Stupid, of course, but I certainly wouldn't let it influence my decision on whether he deserves an All Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicepoint

I'd take no heed.
    The poster in question has been on an anti Mayo rant since the SF.

I think the term is "sore winner"

Well then I think weirdo & homer should get into bed together , one maybe a sore winner but the other is defo a sore loser!!. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Can't believe with a team making the quarter final Armagh doesn't get a mention. Surely Andy Mallon and Stephan Campbell should be in with a shout!

If it was down to best players in positions, or indeed the best fifteen footballers, then Andy Mallon would be included. Unfortunately - and as you intimated in your post - the first requirement is likely to be an All Ireland semi-final appearance, which will preclude Andy for this individual honour, which is ironic, given that he'll lose out on the basis of how his team performed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know it is a fact that most of Cillian O’Connor’s scores come from frees/penalties. The issue here is that for some reason, people are too quick to dismiss achievements from placed balls and focus on “well, what else did he do?”. And years ago, I probably would have gone along with that. But I partially took over free-taking responsibilities in our club. Free-taking is not just a challenge of one’s physical ability. It is also a test of one’s resolve and nerve. And I found this was the hardest part. It takes a special temperament for a player to consistently put over frees and put away penalties, and that would be just at club level. For an individual who can do that in a much more pressurised environment like Croke Park in semis and finals, those type of players are few and far between.

That is why I think Cillian’s ability (and every other quality freetaker) from placed balls should not be played down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Gaa team of the year. as to how Moran is not in there at the expense of O'Shea, ill never know.
    Brian Kelly (Kerry)
    Aidan O’Mahony (Kerry)
    Neil McGee (Donegal)
    Keith Higgins (Mayo)
    Paul Murphy (Kerry)
    Peter Crowley (Kerry)
    Frank McGlynn (Donegal)
    Neil Gallagher (Donegal)
    Michael Murphy (Donegal)
    Paul Flynn (Dublin)
    Aidan O’Shea (Mayo)
    Ryan McHugh (Donegal)
    Cillian O’Connor (Mayo)
    Kieran Donaghy (Kerry)
    James O’Donoghue (Kerry)
    2014 Footballer of the Year: James O’Donoghue (Kerry)

full story here -

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2409141426-gaaie-football-team-of-the-year/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Gaa team of the year. as to how Moran is not in there at the expense of O'Shea, ill never know.

full story here -

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2409141426-gaaie-football-team-of-the-year/

O Shea is picked at half forward there,where he played all year, and as the article says he is there instead of Connely
    Moran was midfield
    Who are the midfields that displaced him ?

They were trying to accomadate Aidan O'Shea, Micheal Murphy and Donaghy. It should have been Moran, Connolly and Murphy.

Moran was the outstanding Midfielder this year. Aidan OShea get a lot of publicity for a lad who's fitness levels are very poor.

I know that gaa.ie team is just click bait, but even so it just illustrates my point about Murphy earlier! They just had to squeeze him in somewhere didn't he, never mind that he wasn't close to being the best midfielder or half forward in the country this season.

I know that gaa.ie team is just click bait, but even so it just illustrates my point about Murphy earlier! They just had to squeeze him in somewhere didn't he, never mind that he wasn't close to being the best midfielder or half forward in the country this season.

TBF Murphy had a quite final however he was Donegals best player up to then. However the Kerry midfield was the best in the country this year and every county they played tryed to bypass it with the kickouts. On top of this Moran was mobile and outstanding and the best overall player on the two days against Mayo. How you could give the two Midfielf positions to Donegal when they could not afford to for kickouts to go to Midfield in the final is a mystery.

Connolly was superb all year and even in the semi-final refused to lie down until Micheal Murphy gave him a thump in the solar plexus about 10 minutes from the end. Murphy was lucky to stay on the pitch but did. I cannot understand how Aidan O'Shea got the nod ahead of him. He has been what I would consider a fit player and was accomadated at CF by Mayo this year. I remember seeing him it a few years ago against Cork and even then he was unfit now I consider that he is disloyal to the effort that other Mayo players put in.

That leaves Donaghys, I think that Connolly and Morans are gimmie for there rffort this year. The place is down to between Donahy and Murphy and there is not much between them. Both would be on any team in the country and are slightly different players, the big Don an out and out target man but MM ability to take frees and his footballing ability would give him the nod.

• Advertisement
Advertisement