Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monitor....Need Help

Options
  • 01-09-2014 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys. I'm not very 'tech-savvy' but anyway....I've bought a new monitor and I'm connecting it to my Xbox One via a DVI to HDMI cable so no audio. The only input on the monitor is a 'LINE_IN' jack. Is there anyway I can sound from that jack to speakers and, if so, how?

Appreciate any help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Probably not, though can't be certain without monitor make and model.

Just to clarify:
    the monitor has a DVI port and a line in port. It has built-in speakers?

You're trying to attach a separate set of external speakers?
    If so what inputs do they accept?

Or do you just want to get the ones built into the monitor working?

There are options like HDMI -> (HDMI + analog audio) breakout boxes.

Might be better to get a converter to accept the audio from the SPDIF optical connector on the Xbox, and convert it to a different form that the speakers can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 haywire1989

Yes it has built in speakers, I've a Turtle Beach headset that has RCA plugs that I'm hoping to connect to the line-in port. Would a Y Audio Adapter do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Line in is input only for it's own speakers. And besides no audio is reaching the TV, so even if there was an output port, it would only output a hum.

How about
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Mountain-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0074JZ8ZW/

connected to the xbox with an spdif cable as input and your headphones as output.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 haywire1989

I'll try that, thanks for your help!!

Advertisement