Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richmond Road

Options
  • 01-09-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am looking at moving to Richmond road, it would be the Ballybough end. I drive through the area about twice a week but would love to get an idea of what it's like to live there before making a decision. Is there any trouble and is the issue with flooding sorted? Are there any problems other than crowding on match days? any info would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

emmag wrote: »
    Is there any trouble and is the issue with flooding sorted? Are there any problems other than crowding on match days? any info would be much appreciated :)

I know the bar in Tolka was flooded earlier this month with minimal rain, the bar is downstairs from the main Ballybough Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emmag

Thanks for the info I had heard that the problem was fixed after major flooding in the early 2000's but that doesn't sound very promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MikeMikelton

Emmag,

I am also looking to move to the area, Ballybough end also. I am spending a lot of time worrying/thinking about it. In terms of flooding I believe you can attend the City Council Office and inquire about flooding. They should be able to tell you incidents of flooding in the past and where exactly the Tolka tends to flood (I plan on doing this myself this week and will post the results).

Anyone have any comments on safety in the area? Richmond Road seems great more wondering about the walk home from town.

Many thanks,

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 emmag

That would be great if you could posts the results about flooding thanks!

Advertisement