Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Funnest(?) bike you've rode?

• 01-09-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at supermoto on youtube and it brings to mind some of the smaller bikes I've had, and how much fun I had on them.
    So ..
    Cub 90

Xl 250

Outstanding bikes, unfortunately I'm only allowed one bike at a time, but if I were to choose between all the bikes I've had and their purpose, the cub 90 wins each time.
    Still want a supermoto though!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

PE400 and IT 175, both of those were fantastic fun, better than later better bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Most fun bike, probably a ktm 990 adventure.

Most fun I've had on a bike. Traveling Vietnam on a Honda win earlier this summer. Easily the worst bike I've ever ridden but i had a laugh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

All 3 of the KTM 690SMC/950SM and 990SMR that I have owned. Far more fun on the road than any sportsbike. When I got the 950 it was like having my first bike again as you get to give it berries everwyhere as opposed to having to strategically plan a spin so it isnt a load of ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Yamaha IT465, without a doubt the most scary and fun thing I ever owned.
    EAEA241CC1D04739A989F0428B8504AA-0000357485-0003656112-00480L-27BD4751ECF7429782AEF520F05E15DD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

When I was about 18, a profoundly fcuked 1979 GL1100 with no brakes, less suspension and the handlebars pointing towards the North Star regardless of what direction the bike was heading. It was like riding a drunk elephant, and I can't remember giggling more in my entire life! :pac:

• Advertisement

I think fun doesn't have to equal HP, what I see on this thread is people having fun on light(ish) bikes with plenty of torque and a reasonable riding position.
    Modern sports stuff can be fun but there isn't many places that you can really stretch them without fear of getting punishment from the law.
    Older 2 stroke stuff was amazingly simple and powerful, even aircooled models and the easiest thing in the world to fix if anything do go wrong.
    I still lament their passing in the strive to be eco-correct.
    I'll never give up my strokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I think fun doesn't have to equal HP, what I see on this thread is people having fun on light(ish) bikes with plenty of torque and a reasonable riding position.
    Modern sports stuff can be fun but there isn't many places that you can really stretch them without fear of getting punishment from the law.
    Older 2 stroke stuff was amazingly simple and powerful, even aircooled models and the easiest thing in the world to fix if anything do go wrong.
    I still lament their passing in the strive to be eco-correct.
    I'll never give up my strokers.

Hear-hear. I want a reverse-cylinder so bad it makes me dizzy! :)

I have a mate building a special. FZR250 chassis, RD250 bottom end with an RD250LC topend, water pump from a BMW.
    I can't wait to see it on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

My sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Montesa cota 315r most fun on 1wheel I've ever had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

G model GSXR1100 with a Laser can, that had been setup for drag racing by the guy who had it before me, think he scared the ****e out of himself and decided to sell it on. He offered to swap back in the stock gearing but I reckoned that 160 mph was going to be a rarity whereas zero to dirty underpants was an every set of traffic lights opportunity!

Ridiculously fun bike to ride once you go used to it, the engine braking was stronger than the front brake and you had to throw it down into any corner just to get around because it just wanted to go straight, but when you got it out of town onto proper roads and up to speed, it got light and started to flow around corners, you had to be really smooth and just melt into the bike, then you just felt like a cruise missile being pushed along on a wall of sound and forgot that you had wheels arms or legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

An electric scooter, 50cc equivalent in old money that was great craic.....no sound bad brakes instant power.

Advertisement