Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Lost at Electric Picnic

Options
  • 01-09-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

My Visa Debit was lost or stolen at ElectricPicnic.... however, I did report it to  the onsite Garda office Sunday morning and gave until now to see if it was handed in. My problem is that my voice is completely gone and so I can't cancel the card over the phone.
    I wont be able to get to my branch until after 3pm tomorrow Tues.

My account hasn't been compromised.... so far......Will having  reported it to Gardai  protect  my account until I sort the voice out and get to my branch?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi MissGriff, 

Thanks for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie. 

To ensure your card is not compromised, it would be necessary to report it to Bank of Ireland directly. As you are unable to call yourself, a family member can do so on your behalf. They will need to contact the lost and stolen line on 1890 706 706 and a representative will be happy to cancel the card. We would recommend that you have the card cancelled as soon as possible. 

Once you are feeling better, you can then call BOI365 or your branch to order a replacement card. 

You can locate the contact details of your branch here

We hope you had a great weekend and that you're feeling better soon. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement