Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vuelta a España Stage 10 – Sep 2nd, Real Monasterio - Borja **Unmasked Spoilers**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Froome
    Paddigol wrote: »
    How's Dan getting on? The tour tracker app is shafting me for updates.

31. Martin 102 + 2' 48''

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ultegra

Quintana 2.35 down on contador

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Froome
    Quintana's own fault really. Fixing shoes before going in to that corner, took an awful line. Good to see him back up.

great ride by uran 15 secs down on martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Froome
    Huge result for Contador, going to pick up at least a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Sergeant
    Bad news on the double. Surely most of the GC rivals will put time into Dan on that showing?

And Quintana... What an awful time to take a spill. That's the end of any hope of a fair fight out between the top dogs for a GT title this season. Froomedog and Bertie in France, neither having contested the Giro, and now Quintana in Spain.

Booooo gods of fortune, boooooo!

Valverde to overtake team leadership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Froome
    Bad news on the double. Surely most of the GC rivals will put time into Dan on that showing?

And Quintana... What an awful time to take a spill. That's the end of any hope of a fair fight out between the top dogs for a GT title this season. Froomedog and Bertie in France, neither having contested the Giro, and now Quintana in Spain.

It's not fortune or luck with Quintana though - it's a crucial mistake getting punished. Nibali's bike handling - like brilliantly avoiding a fallen teammate on the wet cobbles - is a strength, just like someone else's ascending or time-trialling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Froome

Kelderman put 26 seconds into Dan. Aru 45 seconds & Gesink 47 seconds. Anacona faster than him at the second check.

He did put time into Barguil, Navarro and some of the lesser GC leaders and probably Quintana

The top 5 GC guys were always gonna beat him Valverde, Bertie, Froome, Uran, Rodriquez and seems he wont lose huge chunks to those guys fighting for 5 - 10 so not catestrophic tbh.

• Advertisement

Froome looses 1, 32 to Martin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

4th for Bertie? How close is he to red?

Froome
    godtabh wrote: »

He'll be in red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Froome
    Fantastic from Bertie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

Froome

He'll be leading it tonight

quintana loses 4.07 mins to Martin

Froome
    Stage top 10

Bwie6IxIAAA1Z1x.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭topcat77

Froome
    Looking forward to all the other riders attacking Contador in the next 2 weeks. i can't help but dislike the guy even though i like attacking riders.

Froome
    Bwifk7JIAAEbulT.jpg

• Advertisement

Froome
    Quintana losing 3 minutes & a bit to Contador after that fall & how long he spent on the road isn't actually a bad ride.

Froome
    I bet on COntador to win at the start of the race & Uran to podium - so things looking pretty hopeful on those fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Dennis
    Very good ride by Evans today - 6th on stage. He is way down on GC though in what could be his last GT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I had to laugh at RTE Radio reporting on cycling at 5:30....

" Australian Tony Martin won todays stage....."
    " Alberto Contador regained the leaders jersey...."
    " Nicolas Roche may be going to Sky in a summer transfer (!) to replace Bradley Wiggins....."

:rolleyes:

Dennis
    TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I had to laugh at RTE Radio reporting on cycling at 5:30....

" Australian Tony Martin won todays stage....."
    " Albreto Contador regained the leaders jersey...."
    " Nicolas Roche may be going to Sky in a summer transfer (!) to replace Bradley Wiggins....."

:rolleyes:

Can't believe they even got Contador's name wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Pity, was shaping up to be a great GC but sort of looks like it's over now. Quintana gone, Froome in poor shape, No chance Valverde can compete in the high mountains with Contador.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is Froome in poor shape, or is he just back to being the level Froome is normally at outside of the tour last year?

happytramp wrote: »
    Pity, was shaping up to be a great GC but sort of looks like it's over now. Quintana gone, Froome in poor shape, No chance Valverde can compete in the high mountains with Contador.

Can Contador compete with his leg in the hight mountains? So far he hasnt shown any reaction but I have little doubt if he can keep it up for 2 more weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Can Contador compete with his leg in the hight mountains? So far he hasnt shown any reaction but I have little doubt if he can keep it up for 2 more weeks

quintana could try and do what he done on the giro and break away, although they will be watching for it.

Froome
    Roquentin wrote: »
    quintana could try and do what he done on the giro and break away, although they will be watching for it.

With Valverde so much closer on GC, it is a useful card to have available all right, Quintana going early and seeing who does what in response.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

pelevin wrote: »
    With Valverde so much closer on GC, it is a useful card to have available all right, Quintana going early and seeing who does what in response.

there is a stage that has about four category 1 and 2 climbs in it. Id say he could eye that stage. He could maybe get it down to a minute, but cant see him overturning it, then you never know. He destroyed uran in the giro on that one stage, so hoping he might have a crack.

contador looks sharp though i must say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Roquentin wrote: »
    contador looks sharp though i must say

Aye, I'd like to know the actual extent of his injuries, because if they were as reported there's no way he should be killing everyone here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Froome
    Brian? wrote: »
    I fancy Contador to put a small amount of time into Froome today and take the red jersey.

What's the weather forecast like for today?

Yes, I am smug about this.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Froome

I would agree with most of that. I think it is Contador's to loose now. I can see Quintana giving it another go, I don't think he will just accept defeat with 11 stages to go.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Froome
    If anyone's capable of making back the losses they shipped yesterday, it's Quintana and Froome. Quintana if he isn't suffering from crashes injuries, Froome if he can ride himself into form. Long way to go yet and it's shaping up to be a great race.

While Contador got the jersey, I reckon the biggest winner yesterday was Uran. That was a phenomenal TT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Hello lads,

what you think contador chances of winning whole thing ?

been working and have not had a chance to watch much of it.

backed him at 11.5 or 12.0 on betfair and can now lay him off for 1.62

Means I can basically get €200 now with no risk, or leave it ride on him for only an extra €90 i think.

With a mountain finish today, I would really want to make my mind up, even though i would be surprised to see him lose too much time on todays course

edit: just looked at it €338 if he wins or nothing , €205 cash out zero risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Essentially the question is whether Contador is a back or a lay at 1.62. Given the spread of talent in the field, some doubts over the effects of his injury and the fact we haven't seen the real high mountains yet, I would be laying a bit off myself.

2smiggy wrote: »
    Hello lads,

what you think contador chances of winning whole thing ?

Normally the only rider capable of pulling off a move that would beat Contador at this stage........ is, well Contador. Love him or hate him, I think he's the only rider who you wouldn't count out with 3min to make up on his big rivals.

However, this season in particular has been extremely bad for crashes. You're basically betting that Contador won't fall off his bike for the next two weeks.

Also hard to be 100% but I think his leg looks fine. I think it's fairly obvious he was trying to blow smoke up everyone's a$$ by saying how long off the bike he was.

Would I be right in thinking J.Rod looks to be the best bet to challenge him for the G.C? I'd flippin love that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Didn't see your edit before I posted. You have other options also. You can lay off however much you want at 1.62. You could have a position of around €81 if he loses and €288 if he wins for example, or anything else you fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Cancellara
    TCS don't have the strongest team but can't see Contador being beaten....Both Dan Martin's Diary & Phil Deignan's today suggets that he wasn't exactly truthful about how long he was off the bike or the extent of his injuries

Would love to see Froome, Quintana & valverde working him over as this is the only way he could lose but still can't see it as Valverde will IMO try and hang on for 2nd ,Froome form does not look good enough and Quntana is a long way down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i just layed off a bit, so have my €28 back in account, €115 on the field and €218 contador so happy enough with that

Dennis
    Would I be right in thinking J.Rod looks to be the best bet to challenge him for the G.C? I'd flippin love that.

I would love that too. After his near miss in the Giro three years ago and the Vuelta in 2012, he is very deserving of a GT win. Cleaner than the other Spanish riders too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Froome
    <snip>

Dennis
    <snip>

• Advertisement

Froome
    Spoilers!! Right thread is here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057282800

Advertisement