Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Cabinets for E Fibre

Options
  • 01-09-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

I have been informed that E Fibre will be rolled out to my area in Feb-March 15.However,I have heard a lot about how if you are more than a certain distance from the cabinet you will NOT get the service.I have been told by some people that it is 1 km max distance,others tell me it's 2km max distance.Can anyone please confirm what the max distance home to cabinet is and where Eircom are likely to put my local cabinet next Feb?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Steve F wrote: »
    I have been informed that E Fibre will be rolled out to my area in Feb-March 15.However,I have heard a lot about how if you are more than a certain distance from the cabinet you will NOT get the service.I have been told by some people that it is 1 km max distance,others tell me it's 2km max distance.Can anyone please confirm what the max distance home to cabinet is and where Eircom are likely to put my local cabinet next Feb?
    Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Yes I can confirm the max distance is 2KM - coverage does not reach all lines in a distance of 2km as it is set to predefined route. I will be unable to confirm where your nearest cabinet will be placed but once it is installed and activated I will be able to offer more details.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Yes I can confirm the max distance is 2KM - coverage does not reach all lines in a distance of 2km as it is set to predefined route. I will be unable to confirm where your nearest cabinet will be placed but once it is installed and activated I will be able to offer more details.

Thanks
    Al
    Hang on! So you mean even if you are less than 2km from a cabinet you still might not get Efibre???.Unless I misundersood what you said or it's a joke right?
    Steve

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Thanks
    Al
    Hang on! So you mean even if you are less than 2km from a cabinet you still might not get Efibre???.Unless I misundersood what you said or it's a joke right?
    Steve
    Sorry Steve F

Lines further than 2KM will be unable to avail of efibre. I had intended to suggest that not all lines within the 2KM distance can get efibre as the coverage is set to a predefined route.

Al

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Thanks
    Al
    Steve
    Sorry Steve F

Lines further than 2KM will be unable to avail of efibre. I had intended to suggest that not all lines within the 2KM distance can get efibre as the coverage is set to a predefined route.

Al
    Predefined? So who actually decides who gets it and who doesn't? Sounds like breach of promise to me

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Thanks
    Al
    Steve
    Sorry Steve F

Al
    Predefined? So who actually decides who gets it and who doesn't? Sounds like breach of promise to me
    Hi Steve F

Yes, pre-defined along a particulour route. Efibre cannot be guaranteed or promised Steve.

Al

• Advertisement

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Thanks
    Al
    Steve
    Sorry Steve F

Al
    Hi Steve F

Yes, pre-defined along a particulour route. Efibre cannot be guaranteed or promised Steve.

Al
    Ahh...OK fair enough...reading between the lines looks like I WON'T be getting it in Feb-March then.Looks good for Eircom tho when they show an area on the map covered in green with a flag saying "E Fibre now available" May I suggest to you that you might ask the powers that be to add "If you are lucky enough to be one of the chosen few in the pre-defined areas that is" to that pop up? ;0)

Thank you
    Hi Steve F

Thanks
    Al
    Steve
    Sorry Steve F

Al
    Hi Steve F

Al
    Ahh...OK fair enough...reading between the lines looks like I WON'T be getting it in Feb-March then.Looks good for Eircom tho when they show an area on the map covered in green with a flag saying "E Fibre now available" May I suggest to you that you might ask the powers that be to add "If you are lucky enough to be one of the chosen few in the pre-defined areas that is" to that pop up? ;0)
    Apologies for the disappointing news Steve

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'm going to comment on this as I had been waiting for Efibre to come to my area also, likewise the map now says Efibre is available in my area but not at my house.  Eircom are misleading people, some of whom are potential NEW customers. However, if you're not prepared to offer Efibre to everyone your marketing should be changed as Steve already suggested.  The people who are not granted access to the inner golden circle though can just go elsewhere and give their money to a company who IS prepared to offer them decent broadband.  I would not now become an eircom customer under any circumstances.

Firedance wrote: »
    I'm going to comment on this as I had been waiting for Efibre to come to my area also, likewise the map now says Efibre is available in my area but not at my house.  Eircom are misleading people, some of whom are potential NEW customers. However, if you're not prepared to offer Efibre to everyone your marketing should be changed as Steve already suggested.  The people who are not granted access to the inner golden circle though can just go elsewhere and give their money to a company who IS prepared to offer them decent broadband.  I would not now become an eircom customer under any circumstances.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]i Firedance[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]I'm sorry you feel there is misleading information being provided but I'm doing my best to offer the most honest and accurate information and details available - it's certainly not my intention to mislead anybody.

Broadband can never be guaranteed and efibre is included in this. Even on eircoms coverage map (http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/) there is a specific note located beside the map stating: Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

I can see where you are coming from on the marketing aspect although the service does need to be advertised and ultimately the finer details on coverage and efibre availability are provided before signing up and ultimately efibre can't be sold to customers address if their lines can't hold it. 

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Not your fault Alan,we are just sounding off our frustrations to you.Can I suggest that a fairer way of Eircom marketing EFibre would be to show the "Pre- defined areas" on the coverage map instead of just a vast expanse of green leading customers to falsely believe that they will be able to get the service by the given date on the map.I HAVE seen the note to the side of the map but I and others still believe that the way the coverage map displays the information is both inaccurate and misleading.Surely it can't be that difficult to display just the pre-defined areas on the coverage map? Please can you provide further information on how and where we can get this information as paying customers of your company
    Best
    Steve

• Advertisement

Not your fault Alan,we are just sounding off our frustrations to you.Can I suggest that a fairer way of Eircom marketing EFibre would be to show the "Pre- defined areas" on the coverage map instead of just a vast expanse of green leading customers to falsely believe that they will be able to get the service by the given date on the map.I HAVE seen the note to the side of the map but I and others still believe that the way the coverage map displays the information is both inaccurate and misleading.Surely it can't be that difficult to display just the pre-defined areas on the coverage map? Please can you provide further information on how and where we can get this information as paying customers of your company
    Best
    Steve

Hi Steve F

You have voiced your disappointment to this on multiple threads. I can confirm that there will be no changes to the coverage map although I will pass on your feedback to operations highlighting your disappointment. I will be unable to offer you any further information beyond what I already advised.

Al

Thanks Alan for your prompt reply.
    Best
    Steve

Advertisement