Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy replacement Relief Valve?

• 01-09-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A 6 bar relief valve in my plumbing system (directly after groundfos pump) has developed a small drip. I assume its a replacement item rather than repair as its not seating even after relieving some pressure.

Can anyone help ID the part in the attached pics and point me to where to buy a new one? The nearest I have found is on ebay however I think the valve is different in that mine may have a o ring on the face of the valve and the one pictured does not.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TELFORD-COPPER-CYLINDER-6-BAR-PRESSURE-RELIEF-VALVE-WITH-LOOSE-NUT-CONNECTION-/281303129582

Comments

krissovo wrote: »
    Hi,

A 6 bar relief valve in my plumbing system (directly after groundfos pump) has developed a small drip. I assume its a replacement item rather than repair as its not seating even after relieving some pressure.

Can anyone help ID the part in the attached pics and point me to where to buy a new one? The nearest I have found is on ebay however I think the valve is different in that mine may have a o ring on the face of the valve and the one pictured does not.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TELFORD-COPPER-CYLINDER-6-BAR-PRESSURE-RELIEF-VALVE-WITH-LOOSE-NUT-CONNECTION-/281303129582

A dripping 6bar safety valve is usually a indication of a fault with the unvented installation and not a defect with the 6bar valve.

I'd have the installation checked if I was you especially if the valve is not plumbed to a safe place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

gary71 wrote: »

I'd have the installation checked if I was you especially if the valve is not plumbed to a safe place.

Sounds like a plan as we never trusted the plumber for our house build, the "relief" side of the valve is open and not plumbed to anywhere. looks like it should be plumbed to relief outside the property.

krissovo wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan as we never trusted the plumber for our house build, the "relief" side of the valve is open and not plumbed to anywhere. looks like it should be plumbed to relief outside the property.

In the UK unvented cylinder installations are taken very very seriously due to deaths and property damage in the past, there is a two day course that must be passed all about safety and installation good practise after that any cylinders fitted must be inspected and passed by the local buildings inspector before use.

In Ireland there are no regulations which commonly lead to incredibly damaging water leaks due to basic errors like not piping the safety valves to outside and have them terminate in a safe manor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gearoil

Builder installed ground foes pump 9 months ago for combi boiler. Water leaking twice now. Ground foes want me to pay them to come and fix it. It's 9 months old aftercare service very very poor. The first thing they said when I called was yes we can do a service call and need your credit card details!,,, they said unlikely the pump but somthing else. I would not recommend you get one. The irish aftercare service is not available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Gearoil wrote: »
    Builder installed ground foes pump 9 months ago for combi boiler. Water leaking twice now. Ground foes want me to pay them to come and fix it. It's 9 months old aftercare service very very poor. The first thing they said when I called was yes we can do a service call and need your credit card details!,,, they said unlikely the pump but somthing else. I would not recommend you get one. The irish aftercare service is not available.

There just been honest.
    If its their fault they will say so, their a good Co. with a good reputation for reliability, but they did have a problem with a new heating pump which they stood by.
    but you can also see it from their side if 90% of problems with big pumps are due to instulation rather than product fault.

• Advertisement
Advertisement