Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver beers?

Options
  • 01-09-2014 10:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, anyone in vancouver up for a few beers sometime over the next couple of weeks? Have just put up a poll about where would suit people the most to go, and we can pick from that. It's multiple choice, so select all the areas that are convenient and then we can agree on a date :)

I only put a few neighbourhoods in the poll, because otherwise we'd be here all day. I think the ones I put in should be accessible by most.

Where suits you to go for a beer? 19 votes

Kits
    0% 0 votes
    Mount Pleasant
    15% 3 votes
    South Granville/Fairview
    10% 2 votes
    Yaletown
    15% 3 votes
    West End
    36% 7 votes
    False Creek
    21% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

Me and my sis are in for a meet up, just got here last wednesday still homeless lol :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It'd be great if people could post on this thread as well as voting so we know who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

craft in Olympic village would be a good spot for beers... id be up for it, just maybe not til October!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Good plan, I'd be on for a few beers alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I'm up for beers. Living out in Kits, but good to go anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Yaletown? Rich bastards...

Haha, I'm guessing it's a convenience thing?

Seems like there's a good few people up for this, which is great!

Would you all prefer a weeknight or weekend?

Weeknight is probably better for me, I never seem to have time over weekend.

Definitely keeping an ear out for this! Currently in the Jericho Park hostel, going to be moving to Burnaby/New Westminster (fingers crossed!) looking forward to meeting more Irish folk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Any update on this? might be up for a few some night, depends when it is tho!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've been meaning to come back with a potential date, but I've been busy. I'll throw a few dates out there and people can post about which suits them best:

Monday 28th Sept
    Tuesday 30th Sept
    Tuesday 7th Oct
    Wednesday 8th

I'm assuming most people are busy at weekends, so that's a random few weeknights over the next 2 weeks.

If people could suggest decent bars in Yaletown, that would be great.

Wednesday 8th would be my vote. Can't do Mondays and Tuesday over the next while.

I'm waiting for a cheque on the 30th, but that night or afterwards is doable!

Right, 8th of October it is. I'll start a new thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

If you're looking for a pub, my housemate started work at the new O'Mahoneys at Stamp Landing which is meant to be a nice spot

Anyone going to the VIBE Vancouver Irish networking event on Friday Mahoney's at Canada place? Went to a couple before, good for meeting people

If you're looking for a pub, my housemate started work at the new O'Mahoneys at Stamp Landing which is meant to be a nice spot

Anyone going to the VIBE Vancouver Irish networking event on Friday Mahoney's at Canada place? Went to a couple before, good for meeting people

I was thinking about going alright. It depends on how Friday pans out.

O'Mahonys was where I was going to suggest for convenience sake, but part of me is so reluctant to get into the cliché of going to Irish bars!

Advertisement