Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanity

Options
  • 01-09-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

Decided i going to do a log for my insanity program for a bit of extra motivation.
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 13 stone 8 pounds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Day 1 Fitness test

It was challenging at the time but not impossible. Felt a bit of tightness in my groin after the globe jumps so stopped for a while to do some stretches. Very happy with the start of the program. It seems like the one for me. Trying to quit or at least significantly cut down on bread and cups of tea for the two months.

1.Swtch Kicks 70
    2. Power Jacks 51
    3.Power Knees 60
    4.Power Jumps 31
    5. Globe Jumps 8
    6.Suicide Jumps 13
    7.Push Up Jacks 20
    8. Low Plank Oblique 29

Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gmarty

Hey Bai,

Good look with the program il be watching your progress as il be starting it in two weeks when Iv a clear run at things. Just remember sugar is the Enemy! And diet must be your Friend.

gmarty wrote: »
    Hey Bai,

Good look with the program il be watching your progress as il be starting it in two weeks when Iv a clear run at things. Just remember sugar is the Enemy! And diet must be your Friend.

I usually try my best to stay away from the sweet stuff anyways but I'm having a no tolerance on treats. Thanks for the support. My legs and arms are fairly tired this morning

Get food intake right and you won't be craving as much, if you look back over previous threads I'm almost certain not one person stuck to the diet throughout the insanity routine, and didn't complete their logs so I'm presuming they didn't finish the program. The diet plan is perfectly layed out, I'm not saying live like a monk for the rest of your life but if your serious give the next 60 days all you got. Diet is key, take it from a guy tipping 16 stone 3 years ago, gave up sugar, white bread etc and down to 12 stone from regular excerice. Best of luck mate.

Well mate, how's it going?.?

• Advertisement

Day 2

I had a tough hurling training from half 7 until half 9 so I got home and did the work out. It was very intense. I find the strecthes diificult to do because they are a bit awkward. I had to finish the workout with ten minutes left because it was getting late and I have to be up early for work. Body is sore today. My lower back muscles were sore yesterday. My legs today feel exhausted I don't know how Im going to manage tonight but Ill try my best. Diet is going good also. Trying to up my protein take but finding that a bit hard. I have a powder but dont know if drinking that once after training is enough.

Well done lad,
    Protein isn't enough, u def need to mix at least 30-40 grams of cards in with ur protein and every meal u consume, try porridge. To get these workout eat less but often, at least 5 times a day. Are u postn before and after pics, are u allowed?.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

deadybai wrote: »
    Trying to up my protein take but finding that a bit hard. I have a powder but dont know if drinking that once after training is enough.

You should gauge it by tracking an average day's protein intake from the food you eat, e.g. MyFitnessPal.

That said, it can be a bit trial and error. Maybe try increasing the protein in the shake and see if it has an effect.

Also, trying to do it after a hard hurling training session is going to be too much.

You should gauge it by tracking an average day's protein intake from the food you eat, e.g. MyFitnessPal.

That said, it can be a bit trial and error. Maybe try increasing the protein in the shake and see if it has an effect.

Also, trying to do it after a hard hurling training session is going to be too much.

Yeah thats part of the reason why I had to stop with ten minutes left. Body isn't too sore so should manage tongiht. Thanks for the tips.

day 3

Found this one tough enough. I dont like doing the jump squats as I think im going to get injured to just do normal ones. It was a good workout and felt good after it. Not too sore today. Feel a bit fitter then when I started also.

• Advertisement

FairPlay, how's the diet going for u, have u been tired at any stage. Keep it up

FairPlay, how's the diet going for u, have u been tired at any stage. Keep it up

Diet is going decent. Not going to many extremes but cutting out junk food and cutting down on bread milk etc has helped. You are tired in the morning but feel fine in the afternoon. Fitness has already improved. Felt great in hurling training last night

Day 4
    This was my cardio recovery day so was naturally looking forward to it. The stretches are by no means easy. You still have a bit of a workout and work up a sweat. Fitness has noticeably improved already felt great in hurling training beforehand. Diet is going good too. Im dreading tonight a bit but its just a matter of getting use to doing it each night.

Any progress man

Picked up a foot injury on saturday. Could be mid week before i can go back. Really annoying. As for Friday yeah it was tough but was manageable. Gettin fitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Keep it up!. I'm following this thread and maybe I'll give it a go.

Well I'm starting mon, maybe we can motivate each other

yeah i should be back maybe tomorrow. Best of luck with it

Any comeback

Any comeback

not yet. Maybe Monday. I might just start the whole thing again. Its so frustrating :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement