Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time jobs in Limerick?

• 01-09-2014 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm going to my second year in UL but I'm in need of a decent part-time job in order to save for Erasmus. Does anywhere know any good places with consistent hours and good pay? Are there any part-time jobs that pay particularly well? I've got a part-time job but I'm making less then 7.50 an hour and getting no more than five hours a week.. Appreciate it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Hi there, I'm going to my second year in UL but I'm in need of a decent part-time job in order to save for Erasmus. Does anywhere know any good places with consistent hours and good pay? Are there any part-time jobs that pay particularly well? I've got a part-time job but I'm making less then 7.50 an hour and getting no more than five hours a week.. Appreciate it :)

did you try Argos ? Not sure if they still taking on staff tend to do leading up to xmas but may be worth dropping c.v in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

afro man wrote:
    did you try Argos ? Not sure if they still taking on staff tend to do leading up to xmas but may be worth dropping c.v in

There's no mention of vacancies on their website but I might hand one just to test the waters, I can imagine it being a good place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

have u tried supervalu and gleesons spar in plassey also dunnes,tk max heatons etc would all be hiring for xmas

There's no mention of vacancies on their website but I might hand one just to test the waters, I can imagine it being a good place to work.

Times might have changed since I worked there back in 05-07 but its worth applying. Back then you just handed in a CV or application forms would be available in the run up to Xmas which is late July/early august on the Argos calendar. Pay is good and the hours are good. As November gets closer the hours start to increase. Still a few people working there that I worked with, one or two I even trained in so I'd imagine they are still sound to work for. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

Times might have changed since I worked there back in 05-07 but its worth applying. Back then you just handed in a CV or application forms would be available in the run up to Xmas which is late July/early august on the Argos calendar. Pay is good and the hours are good. As November gets closer the hours start to increase. Still a few people working there that I worked with, one or two I even trained in so I'd imagine they are still sound to work for. Best of luck

what argos where u in :)

• Advertisement

The crescent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

have u tried supervalu and gleesons spar in plassey also dunnes,tk max heatons etc would all be hiring for xmas

I've attempted Dunnes so far, only handed out a few CVs for now, I've been trying to get a scope for what places would be an improvement on my current job. Do you reckon they would be taking on now for Christmas or is it early yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Penney's in the crescent seem to be recruiting for Xmas already....
    https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=742682&PartnerId=30055&SiteId=5837

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Try Next as well

Advertisement