Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proposal for restucture of championship

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Back in the day, 2009, I had this fanciful championship structure that just reorganised the season for the summer. I have to root it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Al Monds

I like the proposal.

There is not enough at stake in the present league.
    The proposed new system would enhance the league and championship.
    It has a symmetry in contrast to the present championship.
    It might be easier to sell Season tickets.

I also like the Provincial system and the Champions League system.
    I think I said this before in another thread but I would favour all three.
    Run them in a 3 year cycle and see how they pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

That wouldn't be bad and allows clubs get games as well. Would teams really have less training??

I'd imagine so, you can't be flogging teams and sending them out weekend after weekend to play games. I think you'd end up with a preseason much the same as other sports. Fitness will come through the number of games played. If you had the second fifteen line out against the third fifteen in the county in challenge games you'd have a serious development system in place. That would cost next to nothing bar insurance.

At the moment its a bit of a sickner to wait all year for your team to tog out and theres 3 or 4 games and its over and I'm from an averagely good county. Can only imagine how bad it is to be from the less competitive counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

This I think is a possible way the season should be laid out. It gives every team a good run but keeps some semblance of the current end of season. It also allows for rounds of club games. Obviously counties bowing out of the championship early may get an extra round or two complete.
    It may even leave the door open to have the club finals at the end of October which would really make it the pinnacle of the GAA Season.

I have listed all dates as Sundays except the hurling final weekend but I think the hurling and football could alternate their matches to Saturdays and Sundays after each round.

Advertisement