Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maximum heat ? Can't get past 175c

• 02-09-2014 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

I know lots of you guys are very knowledgeable in regards heating/stoves/plumbing so I'm looking to pick your brains again please.

I have a stanley superstar solid fuel range, just newly installed. Today first time using solid fuel in it and after feeding it big time to see what temp I could get it to, I eventually got it to 175c as there is a gage on the oven door. I used a combination of softwood to get it going, then once a good fire I used kiln dried hardwood and turf.
    As it's not too cold out at all the house was very warm and that's great but wife is looking to cook in the oven and looking to get upto 250c if possible.
    I haven't used coal in it yet and I was hoping I wouldn't have to as I have a good supply of timber both soft and hard and turf. But I'm going to buy some coal tomorrow to have a look and see how high I can get the temp.

Have you any tips in getting maximum temp from the range ? At one stage today I left the bottom air control open fully and it was burning fuel fast... after awhile when I accepted I couldn't get it past 175 I closed the air control considerably and burned as normal.
    I really struggled to get to that temp today and I was hoping I wouldn't have to refuel so often.

All info/tips appreciated :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

You might be better to repost in
    Stoves: questions & answers
    Or the Mod might move it over.

Cc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Did you flick the baffle over to heat the oven?

You do know you have to 'temper in' a new range three small fires let it go cold after each, then max fire for an hour and let it go cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pelly

Had a similar problem, couldn't get past 125'C. Checked flue draft with manometer and everything seemed ok. This is when I notice the flue temperature was slightly higher than the oven temperature. Most of the heat was going into the large boiler. Placed in the summer plate and now it runs at 150'C while in automatic and plenty of hot water. Haven't tested cooker/manual mode but have seen it raise to 175'C starting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pelly

Check to see that when the damper is down or vertical that's there is a small clearance of 2 mm or so. To allow for expansion.
    Too much clearance and the hot gases are going straight up the flue. If so you may need too call in the service guys.

Advertisement