Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumps Season 2014\15

• 02-09-2014 2:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Is not that far away. Oct 1 is the general kick off in my head anyway, with the Chelt Oct meeting, Charlie Hall Chase etc to look forward to next month. Vautour and Faugheen will be great fun following this season. Interested in seeing does O Faoileans Boy become a gold cup contender next March. Jeski surprised me last year but he was a worthy 2m champion. I normally get to the Nov open meeting but will miss it this year.

So who are you looking forward to the most?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ooooooh i am aroused !!!!!
    Cant wait to see Faugheen, could take on my beloved Jezki in the Champion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ooooooh i am aroused !!!!!
    Cant wait to see Faugheen, could take on my beloved Jezki in the Champion :D

jezki was a one hit wonder!!:p

Dont really care, i got my few thousand off him :P

I cant wait for the "proper" racing to start myself. is sprinter sacre finished? will bobs worth come back to his best? was lord windermere a fluke? is faugheen as good as we all think? roll on the n.h.

Yeah cant wait man, Irish racing in a bad state though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Number of horses in training down on both islands but quality is there still. It will be a cracking season. We will continue to see small fields in graded races in IRL and Uk but other than that, its all good. Roll on the tweed coat, Wolly hat and scarf season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The thing i am really looking forward to is Apache Stronghold jumping a fence and finding out how good is Un De Sceaux.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The thing i am really looking forward to is Apache Stronghold jumping a fence and finding out how good is Un De Sceaux.

Yeah looking forward to seeing un de sceaux as well.will be interesting to see what route Willie takes with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

And Venetia Saturdays

• Advertisement

I always thought her surname was Williams.
    What do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Williams didn't have the same ring to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is More Of That going novice chasing?

i'd be surprised tbh. Didnt hear.

i'd be surprised tbh. Didnt hear.

Why it would be foolish not to go chasing it could be a gold cup winner.

Only 6, I think they'll have another crack at the WH myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Can't wait for NH to start back but we're in for Mullins musical chairs like never before! Can't see them risking Annie Power over a fence and think they'll take the easy, and boring, route with the Mares Hurdle now a Gr1. Faugheen, Vautour and UDS will clearly be kept apart too and all are very short given their targets won't be known until God knows when. The two Mullins horses who most interest me from a punting point of view at this moment are Un Atout (Russell was on record as saying he had potential of Sir Des Champs before injury) and Pont Alexandre who they were comparing to Denman before his disappointing defeat as fav in Neptune, which in hindsight wasn't bad given what TNO has done since. Both those have a lot to prove after injury but interest me for RSA, particularly PA.

Any news on Sir Des Champs?

Lynch lost the Potts' ride. Thought he was useless myself.

Though i know very little about young JJ Burke. Big shout!

Any news on Sir Des Champs?

He'll be back. Think I read somewhere that they could have pushed to get him back for Punchestown but just let him off for year.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He'll be back. Think I read somewhere that they could have pushed to get him back for Punchestown but just let him off for year.

He'll be my GC horse this year, in a very open year.

He'll be my GC horse this year, in a very open year.

Yea, hopefully comes back to his best. Impossible to know what will happen though with Mullins maybe having Champagne Fever and Boston Bob for GC. Boston Bob is the one I like.

Gold Cup = O'Faoilean's Boy.

Interesting what Mullins is going to do with Un de Sceaux, AP, Faugheen, Vatour and Ponte Alexandre. I wonder which of them will go chasing. Mullins is a genius with hurdlers but who is the last great chaser he had. Think i heard when Cheltenham was on it's been a good few years since he had a chaser win at Cheltenham.

Captain Cee Bee still going strong and runs Sunday week in the Tipperary hurdle.

Love that horse, had him in the Supreme in what seems like a lifetime ago.

Love that horse, had him in the Supreme in what seems like a lifetime ago.

Same here, 11/1 i think i got him at,twas a great start to the day!

Rebel Fitz was very impressive down in Listowel. They're not letting Winters bring him across the pond so could be a horse to tackle Mullins favs with.

47 runners total for a seven race card at Sligo tomorrow. Small fields are dominating the industry both sides of the pond. A trend that will continue for a few yrs yet me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Countrywide Flame put down, sad news.

Advertisement