Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumps Season 2014\15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Faugheen et al Rich Rici updates for the season ahead

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3710124&category=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

BumperD wrote: »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3710124&category=0[/

Never seen strength and depth like his, and looks like Willie's well and truly planted the seed regarding AP and the terrible Mares Hurdle. Funny how they've gone from not fearing the big boys with her last season to thinking she'd be 'lapped' now.

Arkle: Vautour

Jewson: Clondaw Court

RSA: Pont Alexandre

Ryanair: Ballycasey/Djackadam

Gold Cup: Champagne Fever/Djackadam

Mares: AP

Champion: Faugheen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

jimjamcos wrote: »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3710124&category=0[/

Never seen strength and depth like his, and looks like Willie's well and truly planted the seed regarding AP and the terrible Mares Hurdle. Funny how they've gone from not fearing the big boys with her last season to thinking she'd be 'lapped' now.

Arkle: Vautour

Jewson: Clondaw Court

RSA: Pont Alexandre

Ryanair: Ballycasey/Djackadam

Gold Cup: Champagne Fever/Djackadam

Mares: AP

Champion: Faugheen

I presume Un De Sceaux Champion and i would like to see Annie Power chasing think she could be a future gold cup winner.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    jimjamcos wrote: »

I presume Un De Sceaux Champion and i would like to see Annie Power chasing think she could be a future gold cup winner.

UDS a cert for chasing by looks of it. I'd guess Willie will keep him and Vautour apart - Arkle/Jewson - but as usual, Ruby will probably be the most influential decision maker. AP an absolute cert for Mares IMO. It suits Willie and Ruby as a guaranteed Gr1 winner, eliminates one headache straight away for them and probably even suits Richi now given the wealth of talent he has for other races. I think Annie's odds on never to jump a fence. They all know she's a much safer bet with Willie over hurdles than fences and she'd be 8 if doing so next year. Won't happen, and a big shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The Gold Cup is the biggest prize in the sport. Annie Power imo looks like his best chance of winning a Gold Cup. I will be annoyed but not surprised if she goes for the mares. At the very worst i would be sending her to the world hurdle. I would send Glens Melody to the Mares only beaten 3/4 a length by Quevea last year.

Any news on Rathvinden i think he looks a very smart prospect. I love the way he travels just needs to work on his jumping.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to watching cillians return tomorrow. He could be one for the supreme in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

You going to chance it AP?

I gave up doing ap about 10 yrs ago as never had much joy.:pac:

I actually just looked up out of curiosity but cannot see prices for supreme?

Won't be too many horses priced this early for that race.
    But if you half fancy it back in before it runs and before it wins. Get some value.

I'm miles behind on the national hunt scene at the moment. No study done. I've usually one or the small ap bets placed. I think Faugheen is my new Jezki.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

I gave up doing ap about 10 yrs ago as never had much joy.:pac:

I actually just looked up out of curiosity but cannot see prices for supreme?

There ya go me ol mucker :)

http://www.cheltenham-festival.co.uk

• Advertisement

I see Ladbrokes have un de sceaux at only 7\1 for the champion hurdle,do they know something? Best price Annie power 10/1...seriously??? Who would back her for the champion hurdle,not a hope. Ante post betting at its worst

I see Ladbrokes have un de sceaux at only 7\1 for the champion hurdle,do they know something? Best price Annie power 10/1...seriously??? Who would back her for the champion hurdle,not a hope. Ante post betting at its worst

Lolbrokes.

There ya go me ol mucker :)

http://www.cheltenham-festival.co.uk

Not even in betting so must be 33's. Interesting to see if he gets listed after tomorrow but I just don't do ap as a rule.

Well cillians return was a bitter disappointment. Had hopes for him this season.maybe they are bringing him along slowly or else he's not up to much. Sound bumper form.

Anyway, Paddy Power Gold cup next month. Oscar whiskey 7\1, Taquin de Seuil simonsig 8\1, Djakadam 10\1, Uxizandre 10\1, wonderful charm, felix younger, balleycasey 12\1. 14\1 bar. The jlt festival race has proved a pointer in the past , hence tarquin and uxizandre prominent in the betting. Worth keeping a eye on the graduation chase over 2m 4f at Carlisle early next month too.

Oct 17 & 18th Showcase at Cheltenham also just around the corner. Only national hunt fans look forward with excitement to the onset of winter :)

Well cillians return was a bitter disappointment. Had hopes for him this season.maybe they are bringing him along slowly or else he's not up to much. Sound bumper form.

Anyway, Paddy Power Gold cup next month. Oscar whiskey 7\1, Taquin de Seuil simonsig 8\1, Djakadam 10\1, Uxizandre 10\1, wonderful charm, felix younger, balleycasey 12\1. 14\1 bar. The jlt festival race has proved a pointer in the past , hence tarquin and uxizandre prominent in the betting. Worth keeping a eye on the graduation chase over 2m 4f at Carlisle early next month too.

might have a nibble on djakadam, I am convinced he would of won at the festival but that blunder. 10/1 looks fair.

might have a nibble on djakadam, I am convinced he would of won at the festival but that blunder. 10/1 looks fair.

Be interested in him too but wouldn't be putting a penny on a Mullins horse in England until I see Ruby sitting on him in parade ring.

Ballycasey for me if he lines up, still dont think he's reached his potential yet, if somewhat slightly disappointing though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ballycasey for me if he lines up, still dont think he's reached his potential yet, if somewhat slightly disappointing though.

Ryanair horse but Ruby clearly fancied Djackadam over him at Punchestown before he was pulled.

I know for a fact they thought he was their Gold Cup horse 2/3 years ago. Think there's a good one in him.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I know for a fact they thought he was their Gold Cup horse 2/3 years ago. Think there's a good one in him.

Yea that was all the talk (apparently he was a real favourite of Kirks) but was a bit of a crazy thought to be fair, given he's never won over 3m! Agree with you though, probably a good win in him somewhere over a shorter trip. Had Rebel Fitz in trouble before falling at Fairyhouse in Easter.

It was actually David Casey that told an uncle of mine, straight out said he'd win a GC.

O"Faoilans Boy and Teafortree will not run this side of Christmas. Scrap previous post, feckin Twitter

OB was fancied for the GC this year by some. Pity.

O 'Faoileans boy out for season. Teafortree borderline to make an appearance.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3841324&category=0

O 'Faoileans boy out for season. Teafortree borderline to make an appearance.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3841324&category=0

that's such a shame, I was really looking forward to see how much o faoileans boy progressed this season

Toner D'Oudairies has died on gallops, RIP.

Wonderful Charm, Taquin de Sueil, Colour Squadron and Double Ross are unfurled tomorrow in Newton abbot.

From memory, Paul Nicholls usually starts the season off well ( but in the past, had the assistance of ruby in the plate). Anyway, he has some decent sorts going out tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Looks a cracking race.
    Colour Squadron will take all the beating but no bet for me.

Advertisement