Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumps Season 2014\15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I am edging towards Tarquin de Suil he looks a lovely horse and his jumping is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jockey would put me off tbh.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Jockey would put me off tbh.

Fair point i see Johnson is on Color Squadron.

Is their anything better than getting the jumps back and seeing good horses running.

Up to my eyeballs in projects for college but the thoughts of seeing Tarquin de Suil today has me in good humor.

Thought McCoy was?

Hard to know how wound up the better horses are so early in the season, esp thoose with Grade 1 targets, so i tend not to back too early.
    Cant beat a good handicap chase though in the mud!!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thought McCoy was?

Hard to know how wound up the better horses are so early in the season, esp thoose with Grade 1 targets, so i tend not to back too early.
    Cant beat a good handicap chase though in the mud!!

He is down to be but he out injured until next week.

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=548463&lid=&raceid=&title=McCoy+to+miss+weekend+racing&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Fri

Will be keeping an eye on Big Bucks half sister in the bumper. Obviously won't be touching her at 11/8 but be interesting to see if she is any good.

• Advertisement

Didnt realise that, interesting one alright.

Is Boyles acting up for anybody else. Being trying to enter their site on the laptop since yesterday and it won't load up?

Is it a problem on my end or is anyone else having trouble with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Taquin for me, Colour Squadron still hasn't won over fences.

Are you back for good now? Or just gonna shluh in and out when you feel like it :P

I'm back. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

I like johner :)

Johners. A Great bunch a lads.

Burton Port's brother wins the first at 20/1. Not a great race and the fav didn't get around so hard to gauge but he jumped very slick.

Well we were all wrong.
    But mine was closer. So i win the internet.

Taquin took a whack off Double Ross, beaten at the time. Colour Squadron is one frustrating horse.

Didnt see it but see he was beaten over 20 lts. Not a great start but thats why i dont back horses this early. Was probably only 15.85% fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

The new one returns next Sunday at Chepstow for a listed hurdle.

Guitar Pete runs tomorrow Limerick.

What more can I say about the jumps being back http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73UqDX_quk0

Tiger Roll returns this weekend.

Anybody know of anywhere to get a guide to the season ahead. Well not even a guide a place to get horses to follow for the season. Or i presume sure stable tours will be popping up on attheraces.

• Advertisement

Anybody know if the Tullow Tank is back fit. Hope he goes chasing this season think he could be a nice prospect.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know of anywhere to get a guide to the season ahead. Well not even a guide a place to get horses to follow for the season. Or i presume sure stable tours will be popping up on attheraces.

http://mhpublications.co.uk Haven't ever read but a few regulars say it's good.

Football & racing focus jumps guide is good. Few others on racing post website.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the Tullow Tank is back fit. Hope he goes chasing this season think he could be a nice prospect.

Heading for the Drinmore, beginners are the end of the month first. Can't wait.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/irish/2014/1013/651928-tullow-tank-set-for-drinmore-novice-chase/

My Tent Or Yours out for the season. Bollox to that anyway. :(

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd

Un De Sceaux to go chasing this season

BY LYDIA SYMONDS 4:23PM 17 OCT 2014

TALENTED hurdler Un De Sceaux is set to go novice chasing this season trainer Willie Mullins has revealed.

The six-year-old, who has been unbeaten in all nine of his career starts and was last seen winning a valuable Grade 2 in Auteuil, has yet to step into Grade 1 company.

Speaking to At The Races, Mullins said: "We’ve decided to go novice chasing with him. He’ll start off at the minimum trip and he’ll probably stay there.

“We upped him in trip in France at the backend of last season, but rather than thinking it was the way he wanted to go, it was just that there were two races there with fantastic prize-money and we felt he’d be capable of getting away with the longer trip, which he duly did with two very good performances. I think soft ground is a big help to him."

Mullins plans to aim dual Grade 1-winner Briar Hill at the Ladbrokes World Hurdle.

The trainer said: "We’re going to stay over hurdles with Briar Hill and his long-term aim will be the World Hurdle. He was racing a bit more freely than we would have liked in the early stages of the Albert Bartlett, but he fell too early for us to tell how he would have got on. He fractured his cheekbone in the fall, but he’s all good now and we are looking forward to him this season.”

Champagne Fever, who was runner-up in last season's Arkle, will be aimed at the William Hill King George VI Chase.

Interesting beginners chase tomorrow at Exeter with Far West and Puffin Billy on show

170 races to go for next season. Not before time. Too many small fields. Hope they do likewise in Ireland. They can always increase the number of races when circumstances improve.http://m.racingpost.com/?redirect_back=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.racingpost.com%2F#news-story/story_id=1736851

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Lads, any of you's listen to the Final Furlong pod? They're back with a new one (on Irish Field website now). Paddy Mullins gives a run down of all Mullins animals and seems Tell Us More may be this years novice hurdle beast!

• Advertisement

Solwhit. :(

Advertisement