Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing my job. ?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Strange one, been in the same line of work for 15 years, various employers on sales roles, current role very tough but money not too bad, getting stressed as under a great deal of pressure, can not see myself in sales for another 15 yrs, but need to pay the mortgage etched, got two kids, wife a decent job, thing is do I stay in sales. ? Not qualified for anything else, feel stuck .... Any thoughts ? If I do not improve sales soon I could be gone by Christmas ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

If your current job looks shakey, start sending your cv out to other companies.

Perhaps you could use your knowledge of the industry to get in to some sort of consultancy role? It might be worth looking in to evening courses in management or business analysis or something like that to at least open up options for the future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would you not speak with your manager and express how you're feeling about your role at the moment? It would be an idea to discuss it and see if there is a solution first, i.e. additional training, reducing some of your workload until you regain control and work to a more manageable level. There's no point going over board to impress for the sake of keeping your job if you're only going to burn out and watch the worse become an inevitability.

So nip it in the bud now and see how both your manager and you can begin managing the stress of the role now. Just remember, there's no shame in saying it's getting a little too much and you need help. Advice I wish I had in a previous role.

Advertisement