Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh and there was a lady in labour walking around who came over for a rest to sit beside me, a normal sight in a maternity hospital I'm sure but her partner went off to get her a bottle of water so there was just her and me in a big long empty corridor.... I thought he would never come back, had visions of needing to shout for hot water :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Had another scan this evening, baby wasn't being the most cooperative though! Measuring well at 1lb 14oz and we obviously woke him/her up as they spent their time yawning

Awh that's just amazing :) nearly 2lb x so cute that baby was yawning. Haha I'd be the same with the woman in labour id be veering between terror and quizzing her up on what being in labour was like!!

Am I the only one who sees the threads and goes wow there's an October 2015 thread now! The time is flying, think I'm a bit in denial that im 24 weeks pregnant!!! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah, although I'm still freaking out that I'm due in May 2015, sure it was just yesterday I was in the due in July 2012 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Am I the only one who sees the threads and goes wow there's an October 2015 thread now! The time is flying, think I'm a bit in denial that im 24 weeks pregnant!!! :)

I'm the same! Spotted the new Oct 2015 thread and immediately thought "yikes...I'm actually quite far along if October threads are popping up!"
    :)

• Advertisement

I am the exact same - I even counted up the months in my head thinking that couldn't be right! I think we have all our big things bought, had a bit of drama with travel system as one we wanted we couldn't get here due to new model launching but found a UK site that still had stock in the colour we wanted so waiting on that to arrive so I can check it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

We have nothing bought! Except some cute vests :) Going to start next month, cant think of anything other than the buggy and cot thats a "big" thing that we need though? They're the necessities, most other things can wait quite a while. Actually the cot won't even be needed for months after the baby arrives.

Had a scan today too, all fine, they made no mention of its weight or anything though.

For me "big" things are more the things we need for when baby gets here so buggy, car seat, baby monitor, bottles etc.

Can't believe its only a few weeks to third trimester! Brought maternity benefit form to hospital today and forgot to ask doctor to fill out her section :(

Ah ok I was thinking of big things as in big purchases. I'm hoping to breastfeed so am optomistically not getting bottles, must get a monitor at some point.

You've ages to get your mat benefit sorted so no rush, has to be in 6-8 weeks before you to depending on who you talk to! Mines all sorted, one job done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Still researching stuff at the moment,but don't really need much in advance as far as I can tell. Car seat and buggy will be sorted in advance, but long way from getting other things figured out. Monitor won't be needed initially as the baby won't be sleeping more than an arms length away. I just need to figure out what local shops sell what so that when I get sent out on a mission to buy "magic baby thing X" I know where to go.

• Advertisement

Yeah monitor won't be needed straight away at all as naps will be in carrycot wherever we are and nights will be right beside the bed. But should baby turn out to be one of those that sleeps better in another room or if Im having a shower in the en suite and cant hear over the water etc early on I want to have the monitor chosen and here so we have it if we want it, no baby shops locally so would be an excursion to get one at short notice!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We have 99% of everything already, just have to find where we stuck it all!
    Also have to go through the mountains of clothes we have in the attic too!

I have to pull out what we bought as well and see what's left to get in terms of vests and babygros

I'm trying not to buy lots of vests, bibs, clothes and stuff because we are going to get so many from family, just bought a few super cute ones that I couldn't resist, I love bargains! Need to decide where to store it all for now, that's one of the main reasons I'm leaving it until about March/April to get started on having stuff bought and in the house, don't want it cluttering up the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

We have our pram away in the shop, not to be collected until bubs is born. I am reusing the cradle I had for my first 18 years ago, I had it away for my daughter to use for her first, but little did I know I'd have to use it myself. have lots of vests, babygros, a few outfits bought, some things are just so cute its really hard to resist buying them.
    I want to get one of those changing tables with the bath in them, but in the grand scheme of things I think I'm on track. I've stuck a 'hospital bag' list up and have just started getting a few bits from that in the last week.

Just imagine, in less than 19 weeks we all on this thread will have had our new babies :-) :-)

Just imagine, in less than 19 weeks we all on this thread will have had our new babies :-) :-)

One app tells me we have about 97 days to go, when we found out it was 250! :eek: I'm not dealing well with this at all, I just veer between panic, terror and denial all the time. Excitement must be nice I imagine :(

One app tells me we have about 97 days to go, when we found out it was 250! :eek: I'm not dealing well with this at all, I just veer between panic, terror and denial all the time. Excitement must be nice I imagine :(

Part of me still doesn't believe it's real at all, so while I'm excited it's like I'm experiencing being excited from the outside rather than internally, it's weird. 101 days to due date for me, eek

Part of me still doesn't believe it's real at all, so while I'm excited it's like I'm experiencing being excited from the outside rather than internally, it's weird. 101 days to due date for me, eek

Yeah I've always been super excited for my friends and family when they have been pregnant, when it's you it's terrifying! Some of my very closest girls are pregnant at the moment and I am SO EXCITED for them, can't wait to meet their babies, it's much easier being a bystander :o

I'm amazed at my brains ability to still not believe it's real when just this morning I spent a good 15 minutes watching head and elbows move all over the place in my stomach. I feel like an imposter in getting the scans and stuff, I'm always surprised when they talk to me like I belong there and actually have a baby somewhere in me...

I'm not dealing well with this at all, I just veer between panic, terror and denial all the time. Excitement must be nice I imagine :(

Is this your first Spotty?? I know I was scared stiff and exactly as you have described first time round.
    for me , this baby was a pure shock, 18 years after my first and only child, and I know that this will definitely be my last pregnancy that's probably why I am so excited

Is this your first Spotty?? I know I was scared stiff and exactly as you have described first time round.
    for me , this baby was a pure shock, 18 years after my first and only child, and I know that this will definitely be my last pregnancy that's probably why I am so excited

Yep our first, first month week trying, first positive pregnancy tests, first everything!! I think I'm still in shock over it all tbh, I expected it to take at least a year, I had braced myself for that. I am scared stiff, and what p!sses me off is people who get actively irritated and rude about us not being full of 100% excitement, it's bloody daunting. Easy knowing the ones who were rude about us not being excited haven't been through it :rolleyes: I am saving my retaliation for when they are in the thick of it!!! I feel l am mostly taking the good bits for granted and not enjoying it, because I am still so in denial and scared of it all. Although I have yet to see what the good/fun bits really are, being sick and feeling fat are my main experiences.

• Advertisement

This poor thread is struggling, and I don't know why when April/June etc are all busy threads! And I'm actually straddling the end of April/start of May with my edd, but I'm assuming it'll be May so I'm staying in both :)

Third trimester for me now! Crazy. It's getting a little bit more real now...just a little. Still haven't accepted it much, despite starting shopping.

This poor thread is struggling, and I don't know why when April/June etc are all busy threads! And I'm actually straddling the end of April/start of May with my edd, but I'm assuming it'll be May so I'm staying in both :)

Third trimester for me now! Crazy. It's getting a little bit more real now...just a little. Still haven't accepted it much, despite starting shopping.

Must be a very quiet bunch of us having May babies ☺
    12 weeks 2 days to my due date of May 1st

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

This poor thread is struggling, and I don't know why when April/June etc are all busy threads!

I was wondering the same the other day.

But I'm only here as an interested observer and looking to see what you ladies are chatting/ concerned about so that I can then seem super clued up on everything. :)

Yeah my date is April 30th/May 1st, both are written on my notes, so I don't feel totally right in the April thread because a lot of them are 2-4 weeks ahead of me so I can't relate!

Yeah my date is April 30th/May 1st, both are written on my notes, so I don't feel totally right in the April thread because a lot of them are 2-4 weeks ahead of me so I can't relate!

It will be interesting to see how we end up with our delivery dates spotty seeing as only 4% of babies arrive on their due date

Must be a very quiet bunch of us having May babies ☺
    12 weeks 2 days to my due date of May 1st

I was saying the same :) Hows everyone getting on? I had missed a few of the posts here and its so funny because I was saying the same about feeling like a bystander.. doesnt really seem to have hit me that its actually only 14 weeks or so till I am a mother :) Still need to buy a travel system, car seat, isofix base and clothes for the baby ... have you all gotten much bought or prepared so far?
    I also dunno how I am going to fit another five pound or more of a growth in baby :) I feel maassssiiiivvvve :)

Still need to buy a travel system, car seat, isofix base and clothes for the baby ... have you all gotten much bought or prepared so far?

Still not bought anything yet. Although mostly figured out what car seat and base it will be, not got round to doing the actual shopping yet. Still need to figure out what buggy to get, I do keep changing my mind on what the most suitable one is to cover all requirements.

It will be interesting to see how we end up with our delivery dates spotty seeing as only 4% of babies arrive on their due date

I'm just expecting it to be the start of May, in my head up to around May 9th is acceptable :)
    I was saying the same :) Hows everyone getting on? I had missed a few of the posts here and its so funny because I was saying the same about feeling like a bystander.. doesnt really seem to have hit me that its actually only 14 weeks or so till I am a mother :) Still need to buy a travel system, car seat, isofix base and clothes for the baby ... have you all gotten much bought or prepared so far?
    I also dunno how I am going to fit another five pound or more of a growth in baby :) I feel maassssiiiivvvve :)

We have a travel system ordered, cot ordered, bath bought, changing mat, a few bits of clothes and stuff...basically anything that was on special offer or in January sales :p We're borrowing a lot of stuff so we're pretty much done now, other than things for the hospital bag and stuff like that.

It hasn't hit me at all, it's as if I'm talking about somebody else. You'd think the endless heartburn every evening would drill it home for me a bit but no :rolleyes:

have you all gotten much bought or prepared so far?

We have the baby elegance beep twist travel system put away in the shop, I have a cradle from my first daughter, bought a changing table/bath thingie to save our backs in the initial months, and my daughter has gone cracked buying "cute" baby clothes.

Im feeling as big as a house too, im the same weight now at 6 months on this little guy as I was at 9 months on my daughter. Although in saying that its all just bump and boobs, I dont look pregnant from behind at all. I read somewhere that you put on roughly 1lb a week in the 3rd trimester but I really hope that doesnt happen, I have nowhere to put another 12lbs.

• Advertisement

We have the baby elegance beep twist travel system put away in the shop, I have a cradle from my first daughter, bought a changing table/bath thingie to save our backs in the initial months, and my daughter has gone cracked buying "cute" baby clothes.

Im feeling as big as a house too, im the same weight now at 6 months on this little guy as I was at 9 months on my daughter. Although in saying that its all just bump and boobs, I dont look pregnant from behind at all. I read somewhere that you put on roughly 1lb a week in the 3rd trimester but I really hope that doesnt happen, I have nowhere to put another 12lbs.

That's the travel system I want to get it has good reviews :) that's brilliant that your daughter is buying the cute clothes :):) I am huge already too it'll be interesting to see what size I am by May

Advertisement