Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Hmm, weird. Maybe I got my reply quickly because I was going on leave earlier than most, dunno. You could call them? I had to call last week and they were very helpful.

Yep I think I will :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

I got acknowledgement of receipt today, sent it in a week ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I posted mine last week, haven't had a reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I'm struggling today. My appetite is completely gone because more than a few mouthfuls leaves me feeling stuffed and riddled with heartburn. GP said baby is quite big, tell me about it! Every movement hits an organ or rib, ugh.

I just cannot get comfortable at all. On antibiotics for tonsilitis, all gone down onto my chest. I'm ready baba, come on out!!!!

We have our antenatal class in the Coombe tomorrow, even though I'm looking forward to it the thoughts of having to sit there for hours is making me dread it

• Advertisement

I'm struggling today. My appetite is completely gone because more than a few mouthfuls leaves me feeling stuffed and riddled with heartburn. GP said baby is quite big, tell me about it! Every movement hits an organ or rib, ugh.

Lol Spotty I hit up Lidl on the way home for a 48 pack of Rennie ! Otherwise I'd never eat! Feel like the baby is running out of room in there can feel everything so sharply!

tink2 wrote: »
    Lol Spotty I hit up Lidl on the way home for a 48 pack of Rennie ! Otherwise I'd never eat! Feel like the baby is running out of room in there can feel everything so sharply!

Rennie doesn't even help me now because I just have no room for food, never mind acid coming back up! I'm eating tiny portions, and only about 3 a day, compared to the last few months of being starving if I'm didn't eat every two hours!

Stomach is rock hard, can't bend or breathe, sharp movements like you said, and ridiculously swollen. Fun times! Doctor told me to rest...but it's so boring! So I'm painting the sitting room tomorrow after baking up a storm today :)

I'm the same with the acid! Antenatal classes today for me too. Hopefully it won't leave me more terrified!!!:):)

I found the antenatal class really good, we had a great midwife for it. Enjoy! (Typed with crazy swollen hands btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Really struggling at the moment between lack of sleep, heartburn, aches and pains all over and generally feeling like an elephant sized zombie.
    Am really hoping for a burst of energy soon or I wont have anything ready :-(

• Advertisement

Really struggling at the moment between lack of sleep, heartburn, aches and pains all over and generally feeling like an elephant sized zombie.
    Am really hoping for a burst of energy soon or I wont have anything ready :-(

The insomnia has hit in big time here and feeling massive too. Really has hit me like a ton of bricks over the last week. Dosed with a headcold and work dont help!! Chemist wont give me anything without doctors prescription so Im hitting the shops for honey and lemon on the way home!!

I've developed severe pelvic pain could hardly walk yesterday feel miserable and want to cry with the pain. Seeing a physio today hopefully she can help cos I don't want to be signed off work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I've developed severe pelvic pain could hardly walk yesterday feel miserable and want to cry with the pain. Seeing a physio today hopefully she can help cos I don't want to be signed off work :-(

I feel your pain tink2. I've had pelvic pain from early December. The physio will definitely help and ask are there any exercises you can do too. Sleeping with a pillow between my knees has been a lifesaver.
    I've also gone to a Cranio sacrial osteopath which has really helped. Good luck with the physio.

fingers crossed for you it works tink x Any of you girls tried coldenza tablets for a cold? holland and barrett gave me them, they are homeopatic. Im so wary taking anything but cant take time off work and miserable with a head cold and lack of sleep

fingers crossed for you it works tink x Any of you girls tried coldenza tablets for a cold? holland and barrett gave me them, they are homeopatic. Im so wary taking anything but cant take time off work and miserable with a head cold and lack of sleep

Did you get the flu shot autumn?? I've managed to escape getting a bad dose so far but everyone around me is dying at the moment.

Yep flu shot and whopping cough vaccine gotten, i escaped so well up until now :)

Sorry tink :( I've had it for months so totally appreciate how you feel. Things that help are to keep your legs together when getting in and out of car or bed, when sitting on couch or wherever don't tuck your legs up under yourself, don't step in and out of trousers/underwear etc - sit on edge of bed to get dressed, sleep with pillow between your knees AND ankles to keep them in line, and when turning in the bed turn under not over ie if you're lying on your right and want to switch sides, turn to your right not your left! Those things help a little... It's awfully painful though

Sooo we're all up next for babies :) .. Due in over 2 weeks, blood pressure spiked so had to stay overnight in hospital and now on meds :( swollen feet last few weeks too so doctor signed me off work. Officially on maternity leave :) very very anxious about labour as I'm a first time mum

Sorry to hear your bp is up - what a pain. Hopefully the meds keep it under control for you! I'm 38+5 today, this baby can't come quick enough. In so much pain with spd all the time that I can't enjoy this part at all! For some reason labour is not scaring me, I reckon my body will know what to do and baby has to come out somehow!

Sorry to hear your bp is up - what a pain. Hopefully the meds keep it under control for you! I'm 38+5 today, this baby can't come quick enough. In so much pain with spd all the time that I can't enjoy this part at all! For some reason labour is not scaring me, I reckon my body will know what to do and baby has to come out somehow!
    Spd sounds awful :( the end is near angel delight!! :) have they said if your babies head is engaged yet or how many days they would let you go over?

• Advertisement

Spd sounds awful :( the end is near angel delight!! :) have they said if your babies head is engaged yet or how many days they would let you go over?

At last weeks appointment the head was still "floating", this week it had just barely started to engage so going in the right direction at least! The Coombes policy seems to be 10 days over so could be another three weeks!! Baby is measuring very big though so consultant did try an internal for me but not favourable yet. Hoping I will be next week and it'll get things moving! How about you, is baby in the right position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

So exciting to think the May babies will be arriving soon :)
    I'm not due until the end of May so still a long way to go. Have had great relief from spd in recent weeks however the last few days it has been annoying me again. My body telling me to slow down again no doubt.
    How is everyone? Really hoping when the time comes to go into labour myself...will be trying every trick in the book ;)

Baby is head down but floating too :) so I have the exercise ball out now!! I'm olol hospital and I think there policy is 14 days so potentially 4 weeks and a bit here. I'm measuring big too tomorrow is my first consultant appointment as got transferred out of mlu due to the blood pressure.

Had been doing way too much so definitely advise everyone to take it easy I had been running around with work and everything and it was my own fault!! :)

I think I'm too lazy for this nesting craic - keep starting things and then having to have a sit down!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

autumbelle I sm your sister, I was kept in for BP too this week. So annoying!

Ginny wrote: »
    autumbelle I sm your sister, I was kept in for BP too this week. So annoying!

Did they give you tablets ginny? Paranoid now for my next appointmentment that I'll be kept in again :/

9 days left here and I am so over being pregnant the last few days. I would give anything to just go into labour right this minute :-(

9 days left here and I am so over being pregnant the last few days. I would give anything to just go into labour right this minute :-(

Absolutely! I'm 100% sick of the whole thing

I can't wait till I feel the same way about being sick of being pregnant, I think it might help me be a bit more ok about the labour :):) although I'm sure I'm getting to that stage soon, 2 weeks and a bit left. Can just picture going 9 days over :( and the waiting around olol let you go 14 days :/ which if I go that far clashes with my oh's final exams ( they start five days after my due date)!!

• Advertisement

Oh no that's not good timing! Fingers crossed you go near enough due date so. Must be stressful in your house if he's studying for finals!

Advertisement