Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2015

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

yeah now on 200mg labetol 3 times a day, but it's barely keeping it down. They'll induce or section me by 38 weeks now. Did they put you on meds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ginny wrote: »
    yeah now on 200mg labetol 3 times a day, but it's barely keeping it down. They'll induce or section me by 38 weeks now. Did they put you on meds?

Oh yay not just me! I was put on 100, then 200, then 300mg 3 times a day, it did bugger all tbh. Ended up with emcs at 36+6 because it wasn't working.

Nah was on Aldomet last time and it was awful. This time the consultant is much more copped on and instead of just upping the meds he wants a quick exit as we're both healthy and baby is big enough. Plus while the tablets are barely keeping my bp down they're making me feel pretty ****ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I'm on labetral (spelt wrong) 200mg 2 times a day was in hospital for check up and was 136/84. This seems high to me still with the meds but the doctor just told me to go back to the hospital in 2 weeks (I'll be 39weeks and four days at that stage?) I find it weird she's not bring me back up next week :/ she said go to my doctor next week to be checked. Found it strange after I had been kept in fri night and brought back up Monday to be checked. On the plus side the urine was clear

Once it's under 140/90 they seem ok on the 600mgs a day mine is still hovering around 137/87 so he reckons it's either baby comes out or he'll have to double my meds every week as I build a resistance to it. So it's the lesser of two evils I suppose?

• Advertisement

Once it's under 140/90 they seem ok on the 600mgs a day mine is still hovering around 137/87 so he reckons it's either baby comes out or he'll have to double my meds every week as I build a resistance to it. So it's the lesser of two evils I suppose?

That's what I was thinking do you get a resistance to it, so yours is still raising alarm with your consultant? How many weeks are you now?

Yeah, I have an iðentical history from last pregnancy though, I'm just 37+2, he's thinking I am building a resistance, it can happen. Baby is big so no issues if I'm favourable for induction, not ideal, but hey ho :)
    Problem is initially the 100x2 brought it down to 112/74 now the 200x3 is only getting it barely below the 140/90. Knowing my luck it will be high again tomorrow. Consultant has me in day clinic for bp obs and he wants a chat once those results are back. Tbh I just was very lucky he caught my case and has decided he's following me on everything.

I'm two days ahead of you ginny :) were you induced last time?

I was, the Aldomet wasn't good for us and the munchkin ended up with reduced movements, but they still only induced at 40 weeks. This time the new obs said he wouldn't go that far, given we're both healthy enough. He's just not a fan of the meds at this point.

I was, the Aldomet wasn't good for us and the munchkin ended up with reduced movements, but they still only induced at 40 weeks. This time the new obs said he wouldn't go that far, given we're both healthy enough. He's just not a fan of the meds at this point.

It's amazing how different all doctors and hospitals are, I was barely even checked at my clinic appointment after. I'm taking my tablets and watching movements and trying not to panic :)

• Advertisement

If your bp is ok with the tablets they barely look at you I think the fact mine was still 140+/90+ on the 100x2 plus my hands were swollen freaked them out a bit. Then given the history I had last time I just think he's being overly cautious.

If your bp is ok with the tablets they barely look at you I think the fact mine was still 140+/90+ on the 100x2 plus my hands were swollen freaked them out a bit. Then given the history I had last time I just think he's being overly cautious.

Thanks ginny I have my fingers crossed as I'm nervous enough already about the labour and hospitals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

My girlfriend has her final MLU appointment on Wednesday she will be 37 weeks this Wednesday as well. She's just wondering will they measure to see how dilated she is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They don't routinely do internals before term so I can't imagine so

Yeah most hospitals won't do internals before 40 weeks unless there is an issue, especially on first time mothers. There's only a tiny tiny possibility that she could be anyway dilated if she's a first time mum.
    Autumn you'll be fine, honestly I know how scary it can be, have you any birth preferences? I've had to rewrite mine this week just incase I go straight to a section this week.

Yeah most hospitals won't do internals before 40 weeks unless there is an issue, especially on first time mothers. There's only a tiny tiny possibility that she could be anyway dilated if she's a first time mum.
    Autumn you'll be fine, honestly I know how scary it can be, have you any birth preferences? I've had to rewrite mine this week just incase I go straight to a section this week.

I have no birth plan since I was transferred from mlu its thrown me off a bit. Going to sit down tonight a do a few points up. At the end of the day once baby is out ok I'm happy. I was anti epidural and all but the nearer I get to due date the more it's appealing to me :) I always had a fear of childbirth since I was young but I'm just a big wuss!! Now I know it's just the unknown that's getting to me! So looking forward to meeting this little one! Have you any preferences?

Oh I do, off the top of my head:
    My own music, brought a mini speaker,
    no shouting at me to push
    delayed cord clamping
    skin to skin for an hour
    no pulling on my placenta cord (only have placenta injection if its completely necessary)

If its a c section more of the same , let me have one hand free so I can hold baby
    The screen lowered as baby is born so I can see him
    skin to skin with me or if not.possible with hubby
    baby to be with me in recovery
    baby not to be given formula while im in recovery, I will try and bf as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Oh I do, off the top of my head:
    My own music, brought a mini speaker,
    no shouting at me to push
    delayed cord clamping
    skin to skin for an hour
    no pulling on my placenta cord (only have placenta injection if its completely necessary)

If its a c section more of the same , let me have one hand free so I can hold baby
    The screen lowered as baby is born so I can see him
    skin to skin with me or if not.possible with hubby
    baby to be with me in recovery
    baby not to be given formula while im in recovery, I will try and bf as soon as I can.

I havent actually gotten around to writing mine down, but they are more or less the same as what you have. I also want my oh to stay with the baby at all times if for whatever reason he has to be brought out of the delivery room

Baby boy born 5.51am, 7lb 5oz
    absolutely smitten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congrats YumDeiseMum! A May day baby how lovely! Enjoy this very special time with your wee man x

• Advertisement

Baby boy born 5.51am, 7lb 5oz
    absolutely smitten

Oh my god congrats :):)

Little boy born 9:29 last night, such an amazing little dude!

Little boy born 9:29 last night, such an amazing little dude!

Congrats, another May day little boy :-)
    There were 5 boys born in this hospital on the shift from Thursday night to Friday morning

So exciting to see the May babies coming :) congrats all :)

Oops I just realised I never came back to update the thread - baby girl born on 29th April by emergency section after induction where I got to 10cm but she just would not descend low enough to be born!

Congrats andeldelight!

Congrats andeldelight!

How are you healing up after your section spotty? Did you have much pain?

How are you healing up after your section spotty? Did you have much pain?

After the first few days the pain has been really tolerable, trick is to get up and moving asap. I had just Panadol for the pain by Day 2/3, the worst bit for me was the stinging sensation out on either of my hips which must've been from things knitting back together, it wasn't even near my scar. At this stage a month later I just have a bruised feeling on the little podge of stomach thats left, hoping some more of that will go down when bruised swelling goes, hoping the numbness goes too.

How are you and baby doing so far?

It's weird - I've had virtually no pain at all. Even a few hours after the section when transferring from the trolley to the bed in my room I was able to scoot myself over without needing to be lifted or anything. The only discomfort I get isn't really the wound it's just a bit of an ache in general abdominal area if I push myself too hard.

Baba is fine, she was quite mucusy when she was born but that seems to be settling. She's still very windy so going to get some Infacol today and see if that helps. She has jaundice so we have to feed her every three hours - fingers crossed it clears up soon!

• Advertisement

That's great, I was absolutely unable to sit up or do anything unaided for the first 24 hours until they made me stand like a newborn foal! I never thought I'd be as grateful for a catheter :p

Our guy had jaundice too, he was one tick box over the level that needs to be treated so he was under UV lights for 2 days being pumped with my own milk and topped up with formula to flush it out.

Must've been tough getting so far into natural labour/delivery and then having to have a section?!

Advertisement