Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I buy this contraption in Cork?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 11:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

This thing is for mixing hot & cold water that comes from separate taps. (copy it into your browser, I can't post links!)

apartmenttherapy.com/look-combine-hot-cold-faucets-55475

Do these things even exist in Ireland?

I really really hate separate hot & cold taps. It's the most retarded thing ever, especially when I see them in houses built in the last 20 years.

So does anybody know where I can buy something like that?

If not, any ideas of how to mix them? (I'm renting so can't install new sink/taps etc)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha that's gas.. Looks funny.. well you could buy like the old rubber ones for the showers so I imagine you would be able to.. Where I don't now of im afraid JJ Dwyers or so main plumbing store.. Or get onto one of the colleges and put it to a class to make might get something back.. Try St. Johns or one of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Cybercommando

Like a metalworking class?

Yeah that is so what I said haha sorry I could not think of the name..

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Bodge it?! :) Simplest way would be using a press on shower fitting as Milly33 mentioned above, though they are spaced for bath taps so adapting would be required.. e.g. in Argos though you can prob get them much cheaper.

0.jpg

VosdN.jpg

mixertap2.png

mixerV1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Cybercommando

Balmed Out wrote: »
    id ask in the plumbing forum

I did :D

By the way those contraptions above look ghastly! ^

I might just have to fork out for a new mixer tap... I'm sure the landlord wouldn't mind. It would increase the value of his house.

My god I was right... Love it haha only messing.. Ah the shower head one doesn't look too bad, I don't think any of them would look pretty as such but you either want it or you don't...

Advertisement