Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account number from 15 month ago still valid?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was renting a house which I moved out of 15 months ago.  I am now moving into another rented house next week - would it be possible to use the account number I had 15 months ago so as I don't have to pay the very high €300 deposit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Aaileach,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, closed Electric Ireland accounts can be re-opened. We would need to check your Electric Ireland account to see whether you would be required to pay the security deposit or not. The way for any customer to eliminate having to pay the security deposit is to pay by direct debit for a minimum of 14 months.

Do let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aaileach

Hi Una - thanks for your reply

I got a refund of my security deposit when I left the previous property.  I cannot really afford the deposit this time and I don't like the idea of DD.

Would it be possible to set up a DD and to cancel it within a month or two and go back to paying online every 2 weeks?

Hi Aaileach,

It would be required to have direct debit set up on the account for a minimum of 14 months in order to eliminate the security deposit charge.

The security deposit is refunded after 14 months (minimum) or less if the account has to be closed before then.

Having direct debit entitles customers to a discount off units used on their bill also.

Regards,
    Una

How is the amount of DD paid set?

Hi again Aaileach,

The direct debit amount is the bill amount. The bill is issued to the customer two weeks in advance of the direct debit due date.

Do private message us your closed Electric Ireland account number, your name in full, your address last registered at, and your telephone number if you like.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Ok thank you

Advertisement