Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The FSA Draft -Chat and Banter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Dahat can go ahead now. Copper pipe can pick his second defender at his leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

My team is pants... :pac:

Any prizes for coming last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bezzuua's team is the one I would like most at this stage.

Five and a half days in and we've managed 91 picks. I'm not quite sure what people thought they were signing up for when the twenty spots in the league filled up in two hours and seven minutes.

I would have liked not to have to concentrate this long. People usually do these sort of drafts in one night!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A league of 20 was always going to be time consuming.

It is our first draft so we will learn from it, less players more picks could be the way forward.

CSF wrote: »
    I would have liked not to have to concentrate this long. People usually do these sort of drafts in one night!!!

I actually think we're doing okay. Especially considering we are in the middle of an international break.

People do this in one night when it's a face to face job, or a load of mates who agree to all be online at a set time for a set number of hours.

For a group of randomers, during the international break, we aren't too bad. It's been slow recently because it's friday and saturday night, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Woah if all his players come good Busts has got a Harlem Buststrotters scenario developing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Woah if all his players come good Busts has got a Harlem Buststrotters scenario developing :pac:

Ye high risk high reward. I reckon I'll be bottom for the first few weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That was my first thought also. I hadn't realised theo was close to a return but as usual I expect him to be the most productive mid for while he is fit. Man gala could be a huge fpl player also. Add Costa to the mix..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Be 30 mins lads, literally have to drop the kids off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PARlance wrote: »

Please don't be a cliff...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

F1ngers wrote: »

or the pool...that'd be a long dump!

PARlance wrote: »
    F1ngers wrote: »

30 mins at this hour of the morning... more likely at the pool ;)

Lads apologies for the slow replies and terrible post editing! Was away hiking for the weekend and only got intermittent mobile internet!

Lloris
    Mertesacker - Rangel
    Hazard - Schurrle
    Eto'o

Not a bad looking team although my attack will be relying on short sharp impacts for their goals

Lloris
    Mertesacker - Rangel
    Hazard - Schurrle
    Eto'o

Not a bad looking team although my attack will be relying on short sharp impacts for their goals

I flipped a coin on Schurrle :) the most thought put into my selection was head or tails ;)

Howard
    Jones - Luis
    Siggy - Chadli
    Jovetic

Praying for a few injuries to Azpil/Ivan and Dzecko. At least I got Jones :)

Iuser2likebusts is up now....

Begovic Azpilicueta mangela Walcott oscar costa. Happy with my lot.

I think we'll just call it a day.... Well done. Nice win :)

You mean you didn't hear about the 2-players-max-from-each-club rule? Aw, unlucky!

• Advertisement

It's not inconceivable that you'll only have Begovic playing some weeks though :pac:

But yes she's a beaut of a team alright. Both of us relying on Chelsea up front too.

I ain't throwing in the towel just yet!!

Iused2likebusts's team has scored 40 points in the first 3 gameweeks.
    PARLance's team however has scored 80 points over the same period.

I always prefer past performance as an indicator!!

Which raises an interesting question.

We have some players in our draft who are already looking dodgy from an injury perspective...and who knows what who will bite the dust after the remaining internationals.

Do we allow a brief 'emergency free for all transfer period on, say, friday afternoon, to allow the cull of the injured dross?

We have some players in our draft who are already looking dodgy from an injury perspective...and who knows what who will bite the dust after the remaining internationals.

Do we allow a brief 'emergency free for all transfer period on, say, friday afternoon, to allow the cull of the injured dross?
    Personally, I think we have our squads, we press on with them for the season, highest total score wins.

The only time that I could think of when transfers MIGHT be useful is the first week in February after the transfer deadline, but even then I think with the pace this has gone we wouldn't get it done in time for the following GW, so I'd leave it.

Personally, I think we have our squads, we press on with them for the season, highest total score wins.

The only time that I could think of when transfers MIGHT be useful is the first week in February after the transfer deadline, but even then I think with the pace this has gone we wouldn't get it done in time for the following GW, so I'd leave it.

Yeah I would agree with this.

• Advertisement

I'm not falling for the mind games.In the words of jose I am just the little horse around here that needs some milk and to learn how to jump first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Easiest solution would be for everybody to have a super sub that comes in automatically any time a regular pick doesn't play. Also, since there's 20 of us, and everyone has a goalie from a different team, it would make sense for each person to have ownership of the backup goalies also, as i think it would be unfair to lose out on gk points completely should a particular goalie lose his place/become injured

manual_man wrote: »
    Easiest solution would be for everybody to have a super sub that comes in automatically any time a regular pick doesn't play. Also, since there's 20 of us, and everyone has a goalie from a different team, it would make sense for each person to have ownership of the backup goalies also, as i think it would be unfair to lose out on gk points completely should a particular goalie lose his place/become injured
    Too much work required in having automatic subs. If your players don't play, that is unfortunate.

Too much work required in having automatic subs. If your players don't play, that is unfortunate.

How so? It would require one extra pick per person. Takes out the hassle of transfer windows etc.

It's not like this is a full game draft with everyone with a squad of 15, i'm all for keeping it simple while not penalizing people for things out of their control.

How so? It would require one extra pick per person. Takes out the hassle of transfer windows etc.

It's not like this is a full game draft with everyone with a squad of 15, i'm all for keeping it simple while not penalizing people for things out of their control.
    Someone has to do all the substitutions manually, given your name I would have expected this to be the first thing you thought of.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's fair to introduce automatic subs now as some people may have picked their team in order to get guaranteed starters in rather than my more risky approach.

I don't think it's fair to introduce automatic subs now as some people may have picked their team in order to get guaranteed starters in rather than my more risky approach.
    Agreed.

Someone has to do all the substitutions manually, given your name I would have expected this to be the first thing you thought of.

Well look it's up To TriggerHappy how he wants to do things. One of your picks suffers a long-term injury and suddenly the game becomes a joke. I'm trying to find a solution

Let's see how this year goes and perhaps bring it in next year...my excel skills have been maxed out without trying to figure out how to automate supersubs into the scoring every week!

We have two transfer windows fixed in this game, g11 and 28 I think. I want to keep then to ensure we all keep some interest and banter thru the season.

Let's see how this year goes and perhaps bring it in next year...my excel skills have been maxed out without trying to figure out how to automate supersubs into the scoring every week!

We have two transfer windows fixed in this game, g11 and 28 I think. I want to keep then to ensure we all keep some interest and banter thru the season.

There is an international break between gw 11 and 12 which is a great time for the transfer window or if we wanted to pick an extra player or two. Between gw 22 and 23 there is an fa cup weekend which would also be a good time for changes. This draft has been a godsend for us ff freaks as we don't know what to be doing in international breaks.

There is an international break between gw 11 and 12 which is a great time for the transfer window or if we wanted to pick an extra player or two. Between gw 22 and 23 there is an fa cup weekend which would also be a good time for changes. This draft has been a godsend for us ff freaks as we don't know what to be doing in international breaks.

The refs for next weekend were announced today. I found myself trying to find an FPL angle to it.... :(

Thanks for organiser this Trigger, it has been a nice swig of methadone.

Adrián
    Baines
    Kaboul

Fabregas----Routledge

Weimann

What a bunch of misfits! :D

Ended up with:

Forster
    ----Cahill---Vlaar
    Mirallas
    Coutinho
    Sturridge

Not too confident about finishing too highly in the table based on that team!!

Schmeichel

Evans
    Terry

Lamela
    Cazorla

Van Persie

Would have preferred to be 1 or 2 picks earlier on the striker, but all in all I'm pretty happy.

Schmeichel

Evans
    Terry

Lamela
    Cazorla

Van Persie

Would have preferred to be 1 or 2 picks earlier on the striker, but all in all I'm pretty happy.

Cazorla could be a good pick….I forgot about him!!

• Advertisement

I was thinking people had alright!!

McGrefor
    Kompany = Rojo
    Ozil = Mc Geady
    Rooney

The only prize I will be winning is the Ugliest and Hardest team.

I'll swap for Eto'o if you want :pac:

I thought about him but I see him getting reduced game time this year, and Schurrle was available to me anyway. I'd see them as similar but Shirley should get more points in reduced gametime than Santi

Manua_man picked Sadio Mané.
    He likes a gamble!

I had to wiki him as had no idea who he was. For shame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadio_Man%C3%A9

He likes a gamble!

He was my 2nd choice after Cazorla

He likes a gamble!

To be honest I only heard of him while I was perving on the Sky Sports News hotties on Transfer Deadline Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wouldn't be overly excited bout my selection but if my two erratic midfielders perform as they can I mightn't be that far away

De Gea, Koscielny, Skrtel, Nasri, Adam Johnson, Lukaku

Looks like the whole year inn still has to pick a mid 2

Speroni Moreno Bardsley Lallana Mané Adebayor

A bit of a motley crew. Anything could happen with this lot :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Speroni Moreno Bardsley Lallana Mané Adebayor

A bit of a motley crew. Anything could happen with this lot :eek: :eek:

Mane was my plan b if oscar was gone.