Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transferred to deactivated

Options
  • 02-09-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi,

I transferred money to my credit card  Thursday 21st of August. However I was issued a new card with a new number. I rang banking 365 and they put me through to card services. They informed me that this money would not go into my new credit card as the old one is deactivated. They said to contact you to do a trace of where the money is.

How long should I have to wait for the money to return to my account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

hermano wrote: »
    Hi,

I transferred money to my credit card  Thursday 21st of August. However I was issued a new card with a new number. I rang banking 365 and they put me through to card services. They informed me that this money would not go into my new credit card as the old one is deactivated. They said to contact you to do a trace of where the money is.

How long should I have to wait for the money to return to my account?
    Hi Hermano,

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.

If you contact our card services team on 1890 251 251 (press option 1 for personal customers followed by option 5 to speak to a representative) they will request that the amount to be transferred to the correct card for you. 

It can take up to 10 working days for the money to be transferred onto the correct card.

It wouldn’t be possible to trace a payment here as we don’t have access to accounts.

You can remove the old card number from your list of payees to ensure that any further payments go to the correct card.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement