Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to dump garden hedging?

• 02-09-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi,

I have to cut down quite a bit of hedging in the back garden, can anyone tell me where i can bring it to get dumped?..... paid or otherwise (and i dont mean illegally :) )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭Ape Owners

Theres a place out beside Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt that take garden waste in for mulching,rates are keen enough .Dont have the phone number for them,maybe someone else reading the thread will have it.Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well if you are on the South Wicklow border, somewhere in Wexford might be nearest. If you are in Blessington on the West Wicklow Border then somewhere in Kildare or Carlow might be nearest.....

In other words.....WHERE ARE YOU?? :D

I'm in Bray North Wicklow and the nearest recycling centre to me that takes green waste is Ballyogan just up the M50 in Co Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

GreenKing accept green waste at their site in Coolbeg. If heading Northbound on the N11, take the road to the left opposite The Beehive Pub and Restaurant and it's down there.

They also collect but that probably costs more.

http://www.greenking.ie/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Ballyogan recycling centre in Sandyford. Just off the M50 at Carrickmines. Not expensive. Google their website for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

thanks for all the replies guys, im in greystones so i guess ballyogan is probably the best option.... any idea how much a car load is?.
    I did hear there was a dump near fassaroe?... maybe it doesnt take hedging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭anonanymore

Price List for Ballyogan Civic Amenity Site:

€30 – Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)
    €60 – Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer)
    €100 – Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers)

Price list for green garden waste delivered separately:
    €7 – Cars (including estate cars, SUVs, MPVs, and Jeep type passenger vehicles)
    €25 – Small car vans, small vans, pick ups, small trailer)
    €50 – Intermediate vans and intermediate trailers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Quick search shows a PDF on the Recycling Centre, here

Applicable to: Green Garden Waste only. ( e.g. Grass, hedge cuttings, leaves)
    Category 4: €7
    Cars, MPVs, Estate Cars, People Carriers, Rear
    Passenger seat Jeep/4x4 Type Vehicles, All
    registered disabled vehicles (displaying disabled
    badge) & Taxis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

God be with the days we could light a bonfire and get rid of garden rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

thanks for the info, much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Greenking now have a depot in Sandyford, a car load of garden waste is e5. Beat that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement