Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Speed Broadband in Carlow - Which areas?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone know which areas / estates in Carlow have high speed broadband (20mb-50mb or higher). I'm looking into moving, and that's a key question, as I work from home a lot.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Does anyone know which areas / estates in Carlow have high speed broadband (20mb-50mb or higher). I'm looking into moving, and that's a key question, as I work from home a lot.

I love in that massive estate near Dunnes, not gonna say the name here but if you know the area then I'm sure you'll know where I mean.

I live there and get 100Mb from Vodafone and my neighbours have Eircom/Vodafone/UPC too.

Nearly every estate in Graiguecullen that I can think of has Fibre in varying degrees of speed.

You ever seen one of those green cabinets? They have a lock on them and are kind of rectangular in shape.

Well, you need to be close to one of those to get fast internet from Eircom/Vodafone.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think just about everywhere in town can get UPC broadband (min 60Mbs). You can check on www.upc.ie

Select a broadband product, click Order now and add it to your basket. You will then see an area at the top of the page where you can input an address and check what UPC services are available at that address.
    Shortcut to checker : http://www.upc.ie/shop/basket/?addedproducts=76&versionCountry=2.18.5#

Once you've narrowed down a place I'd then ring them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

This map shows the VDSL cabs in Ireland, move and zoom in on Carlow Town (most of them anyway).

Your line might not run directly or at all to the nearest cab so keep that in mind but it'll give you a general idea.

I think within 800 metres of line length from cab would be what you're looking for.

Google Map Here

Advertisement