Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Payment Failed Due To 3D Authentication?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭

I was trying to buy something online this morning using my credit card from a well known reputable site (a site I've never used before) and it got declined saying "3D-Authentication failed. This vendor's rules require a successful 3D-Authentication." ........... I used the same card yesterday to buy something online (also a well known reputable site which I'd never used before) with no problems.

Anybody have any idea what this is/means?

It's not the ccv number or the "securecode" thing ........... so what is it???

I could ring my bank and find out but before having to go through the hassle of having to hold for 45+ minutes and talk to god knows how many people/departments to find an answer I just wanted to know if anybody has the simple short answer/solution?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

3D is either verified by visa or mastercard securecode .

During the payment you should have been presented with either of these to authenticate your payment with a password you have specified when you enrolled in you card's 3D providers service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

3D is either verified by visa or mastercard securecode .

During the payment you should have been presented with either of these to authenticate your payment with a password you have specified when you enrolled in you card's 3D providers service.

I use the Mastercard Securecode all the time, it never even gave me that option this time ........ ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I use the Mastercard Securecode all the time, it never even gave me that option this time ........ ???

in that case you might try it again and see if it comes up now.

If it still does not come up, than the vendors payment gateway has a problem, so you might need to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

in that case you might try it again and see if it comes up now.

If it still does not come up, than the vendors payment gateway has a problem, so you might need to contact them.

Just tried it again there ........ and it worked!?!! :)

Strange .......... anyway thanks for your help!! :)

Advertisement