Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authentic Baguettes

Options
  • 02-09-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Afternoon all

I've often scoured boards.ie for details of where you can get authentic-tasting French baguettes. I'm just back from a few days in Paris...and wanted to hunt down some baguettes to gently ease me back to domestic bliss !.

Anyway, the Green Door bakery on Manor Street bakes and sells them. They're a million miles from the CdeF rolls...taste and texture. They are seriously good. Not a big bakery so I expect they don't last long...but certainly worth a visit.

I've no connection with the bakery !...just a satisfied customer who fortunately lives close-by.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

Raven_k42 wrote: »
    Afternoon all

I've often scoured boards.ie for details of where you can get authentic-tasting French baguettes. I'm just back from a few days in Paris...and wanted to hunt down some baguettes to gently ease me back to domestic bliss !.

Anyway, the Green Door bakery on Manor Street bakes and sells them. They're a million miles from the CdeF rolls...taste and texture. They are seriously good. Not a big bakery so I expect they don't last long...but certainly worth a visit.

I've no connection with the bakery !...just a satisfied customer who fortunately lives close-by.

K

Tartine bakery in swords do baguettes as far as I remember, they're in a few city centre markets as well at the weekend, possibly the best bread in Dublin I'd say. Paris bakery's was pretty good, did they ever reopen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Tartine bakery in swords do baguettes as far as I remember, they're in a few city centre markets as well at the weekend, possibly the best bread in Dublin I'd say. Paris bakery's was pretty good, did they ever reopen?

nope, for good reason!
    The High Court has wound up Paris Bakery, the well known Dublin city centre bakery and restaurant which was occupied by some of its workers for almost three weeks over unpaid wages.
    Mr Justice Brian Cregan appointed Carl Dillon, of Moore Stephens Nathans, official liquidator to Paris Bakery and Pastry Ltd. The company had operated in Moore Street until its closure last May.
    The Revenue Commissioners petitioned the court to wind up the company after it failed to satisfy a demand for €117,000 in unpaid taxes, including VAT, PRSI and PAYE.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/paris-bakery-in-dublin-wound-up-by-high-court-1.1850438

Advertisement