Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterstone Park, Palmerstown?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Apologies if I have the name of the park wrong.

I was visiting friends in Palmerstown last week when we decided to go for a walk in Waterstone Park. We heard screaming and shouting and my friends dog raced off in the direction of all the commotion. We ran after him to see what was going on, only to see two female foreign nations, one of whom was beating a small terrier type dog.

People were looking on in dismay but fearful to say anything. I intervened but backed off because it seemed the more I said the harder the beating the animal was getting.

When the situation cooled down they simply said the dog was a nightmare out and kept barking and attacking other dogs.

I left very quickly because if I had of stead any longer I would probably be sitting in a jail cell now.

The reason I'm posting this is to make other walkers in the area vigilant of this pair.

My initial reaction is that these two are not the owner of the dog because they had an array of other dogs with them, all of different breeds. I'm guessing they were dog walkers and the owner of this unfortunate animal is unaware of the treatment it is receiving.

The terrier as well as the other dogs were all well fed and well looked after as far as I could tell.

Advertisement