Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT315 help

Options
  • 02-09-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Does anyone know the course options that I have after I finish my two years of the level 6 Business course? Can i transfer into the level 8 business course in DIT or what are the other courses available?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

It says in the course details on the DIT website that:

"Students who have reached the appropriate level in final examinations and meet certain subject prerequisites have the opportunity to access year 2 or year 3 of Level 8 Honours degree programmes at DIT and elsewhere."

It seems to me that from having done a level 6 in business that you can only move to a level 8 in business but I may be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

it is called advanced entry..and it you look it up on the dit site it has loads of info there.

Generally students stay with with a level 6 awards progress onto a level 8 award in the same field

Business is a wide area though with lots of different programmes.

It is all done internally aswell.

Advanced entry takes into account other factors aswell i.e. this is from the site

Advanced Entry applications are assessed on the basis of availability of places in the relevant programme year and merit. The following are some examples of Advanced Entry:-

Applicants who have partially completed a third-level programme at a Higher Education Institution may be considered for Advanced Entry to a related DIT degree programme at an appropriate level.
    Applications will also be considered from applicants with extensive work experience from an area relevant to a DIT degree programme.
    HETAC higher certificate (or equivalent) with distinction/merit, will be considered for third year of a related DIT ordinary degree.
    HETAC higher certificate pass with work experience, will be considered for third year of a related DIT ordinary degree.
    HETAC ordinary degree with merit, will be considered for third year of a related honours degree at DIT.
    Applicants with FETAC Level 6 or equivalent will be considered for entry to Year 2 of a related DIT ordinary degree programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WildConn

Do yous know if The Level 8 Honors Business or the Business and Law are included in the courses that you can go into after you complete the two years of the Business studies level 6?

they look like it yeah...the full listing on the website

on the dit homepage you can see a search box. Type advanced entry in there and it will bring you to it......sorry cant post links

Dont know much about other colleges...not all colleges offer advanced entry or entry into 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 WildConn

Does anyone have the list of courses though ?

• Advertisement

Its all on the site...sorry I cant post links but it is really easy to find

Advertisement