Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty to a dog in Waterstone Park, Palmerstown?

• 02-09-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

This is a repeat of a post I have in the Dublin West section of this site. I thought it best that I should flag it up here too.

Apologies if I have the name of the park wrong.

I was visiting friends in Palmerstown last week when we decided to go for a walk in Waterstone Park. We heard screaming and shouting and MY FRIENDS dog raced off in the direction of all the commotion. We ran after him to see what was going on, only to see two female foreign nations, one of whom was beating a small terrier type dog.

PEOPLE were looking on in dismay but fearful to say anything. I intervened but backed off because it seemed the more I said the harder the beating the animal was getting.

When the situation cooled down they simply said the dog was a nightmare out and kept barking and attacking other DOGS.

I left very quickly because if I had of stead any longer I would probably be sitting in a jail cell now.

The reason I'm posting this is to make other WALKERS in the area vigilant of this pair.

My initial reaction is that these two are not the owner of the dog because they had an array of other dogs with them, all of different breeds. I'm guessing they were DOG WALKERS and the owner of this unfortunate animal is unaware of the treatment it is receiving.

The terrier as well as the other dogs were all well fed and well looked after as far as I could tell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

This is a repeat of a post I have in the Dublin West section of this site. I thought it best that I should flag it up here too.

Apologies if I have the name of the park wrong.

I was visiting friends in Palmerstown last week when we decided to go for a walk in Waterstone Park. We heard screaming and shouting and MY FRIENDS dog raced off in the direction of all the commotion. We ran after him to see what was going on, only to see two female foreign nations, one of whom was beating a small terrier type dog.

PEOPLE were looking on in dismay but fearful to say anything. I intervened but backed off because it seemed the more I said the harder the beating the animal was getting.

When the situation cooled down they simply said the dog was a nightmare out and kept barking and attacking other DOGS.

I left very quickly because if I had of stead any longer I would probably be sitting in a jail cell now.

The reason I'm posting this is to make other WALKERS in the area vigilant of this pair.

My initial reaction is that these two are not the owner of the dog because they had an array of other dogs with them, all of different breeds. I'm guessing they were DOG WALKERS and the owner of this unfortunate animal is unaware of the treatment it is receiving.

The terrier as well as the other dogs were all well fed and well looked after as far as I could tell.

OP, you are probably not getting any response to you two threads as the title is misleading. I am just checking out accommodation prices in Dublin. Sorry to hear about the dog and you are very right to make people a aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Teaandcoffee

Thanks Riverisland.

It was despicable to witness. I've been back to the park once or twice since and there's been no sign of these people. My friend who walks her dog there daily hasn't seen them either. All I can hope for is that whoever owns the dog in question sees this post.

It seems I've become hyper aware since the incident and have seen quite a lot of similar incidents since; though obviously not as severe. I think people are starting to lose the plot, taking their anger out on a defenseless animal that is on a lease.

I don't seem to be able to change the thread title so I hope a moderator will change it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Hi Teaandcoffee,

I think I may have witnessed this also a few weeks back but there were 3 people with the dogs. One a male. When I was walking by them with my dog he held a small terrier on a leash down by the neck until I went past.
    I did mention to him that I felt he was being very severe on the poor thing. Seems like he is taking his dog training advice from Cesar Millan.

Haven't seen them in the past few weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Teaandcoffee

Hi Mitzy,

I think we maybe talking about the same people because the woman held the terrier down by the neck too. When he struggled to get up she boxed him in the head. When I intervened he got a kick into the ribs. I just hope they are not the owners.

Advertisement