Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will we ever see Qatar Airways serve Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I'm not making it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm not making it up!

Was it implied that you did make it up?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Was it implied that you did make it up?

Yes it was but I don't see why you need to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Who implied that you made it up?

billie1b wrote: »
    Who implied that you made it up?

I made a statement. You doubted the statement. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

I made a statement. You doubted the statement. Simple.

Em no I didn't, I told you that he most definitely WAS Irish as I heard him on the comms that day! Then I said that I didn't know if he was ex Aer Arann or not, he very well could be, I just don't know if he is or not.
    Maybe try reading it properly next time.

Are you aware that it's a public forum?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

OK Folks, Time to move on, this thread is about Qatar, not who said what or why. Enough so.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Might be seeing a lot more Qatar in Dublin.

BA have applied to the CAA in the UK to wet lease A320's from Qatar to support its shorthaul business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

BA have applied to the CAA in the UK to wet lease A320's from Qatar to support its shorthaul business.

During the mixed-fleet cabin crew industrial action.

Does mixed-fleet operate to DUB?

Answered: it does since May this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Permission must have been granted, there's a small fleet of Qatar A320s scheduled to arrive at Heathrow over the course of the afternoon/evening.

Could be a pleasant surprise for anyone booked in BA CE over the next few days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Looking at flights to Thailand and was in the process of booking until Emirates are looking for €25 for pre booking of seat, so €100 extra for 4 flights.

Does anyone know if Qatar do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Do Qatar serve Dublin. While waiting to board today I'm almost certain I seen one landing today. Though it was a long day and I could be mistaken

medoc wrote: »
    Do Qatar serve Dublin. While waiting to board today I'm almost certain I seen one landing today. Though it was a long day and I could be mistaken

They don't I'm afraid, runways too short.

I'm joking, read the last few pages! They started last month to much fanfare

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Yes. Qatar fly daily. Try reading the forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I guess Qatar Airways have plently A320's lying idle now since most of the Gulf States launched their embargo against the Country. I'll be flying BA LHR-DUB the week after next so would be cool if it is Qatar doing the flight as I've never flown with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Looking at flights to Thailand and was in the process of booking until Emirates are looking for €25 for pre booking of seat, so €100 extra for 4 flights.

Does anyone know if Qatar do the same?

No they don't charge for pre booking.
    I just booked my seats online today with the online service and its an easy process even though i booked through lastminute.com
    Be aware that the 787 is getting bad reviews for seat size so the first leg to Doha might be an issue if you are big. I'm not and neither are the kids or the Wife so hopefully we should be ok.
    I seen the 787 taking off from Dub at the weekend and it was really quite compared to the Airbus planes taking off.
    I only realized today that both legs outbound/inbound to Doha will be on the A380 so i'm chuffed with that as i've never flown on one.
    Just too note, we saved nearly 500 Euro instead of flying with Etihad who we usually go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

poteen wrote: »
    Yes. Qatar fly daily. Try reading the forum.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Now that Qatar have been flying for a few months out of DUB - anybody have any feedback?
    Is their 787 as cramped as some people say?
    What about the new Airport in Doha - how does it match up with Dubai?

Winderful airline. Really happy with them. Good connection times although 17/18 is a lot better and busier than 19/20.

Both flights I took about about 30 available in Econ and about 6 in business.

I was up front on both legs but did look into that cabin.

The entertainment system is not as detailed in the 78 as much as the 77 but you cannot fault the crew who smile and deliver a wonderful product.

Brics amenity kit is nice also.

The only let down is (a) the use of terminal 1 and (b) the handling agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

geecee wrote: »
    Now that Qatar have been flying for a few months out of DUB - anybody have any feedback?
    Is their 787 as cramped as some people say?
    What about the new Airport in Doha - how does it match up with Dubai?

Flew into Dublin from Doha in June on this service. 787 was very nice, though I had spent 18+ hours on a fairly uncomfortable 777 from Auckland previous to that. Very light loading so could take a row for myself which was a treat. Doha was fine, nothing special but not too unpleasant either.

Would be great if the 787 could be put on the Auckland leg too, does it have the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

smackyB wrote: »
    Would be great if the 787 could be put on the Auckland leg too, does it have the range?

Simple answer, no. The 787 has a range of about ~7000nmi, and the distance between the two cities is 7800nmi. QR fly the 77L on that route, the longest range civil airliner ever built.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What aircraft type is a 77L? Does Boeing actually build such a thing?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

smurfjed wrote: »
    What aircraft type is a 77L?

Boeing 777-200ER (Extended Rage)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thank you, I can understand that!
    We operate B777-200 and B777-300 series aircraft, but we have about 9 different codes for them such as 77A/77B/77F/77L/772/773/77R and a few others, they generally refer to the aircrafts interior layout and are meaningless titles for most people.

777-200LR (Long Range). Its a 777-200 with a 300ER's wing and a slightly larger tail. It has very few operators and serves only niche routes. If you place one next to a 777-200ER you will notice the subtle differences.

All cargo 777's are built in a 77L frame but off the top of my head only PK, AC, AI, DL, ET, EY, EK and QR operate the passenger variant.

Thank you, I can understand that!
    We operate B777-200 and B777-300 series aircraft, but we have about 9 different codes for them such as 77A/77B/77F/77L/772/773/77R and a few others, they generally refer to the aircrafts interior layout and are meaningless titles for most people.

They are Boeing assigned codes for each variant. They are as follows.

777-200 = 772
    777-200ER = 77E
    777-200LR = 77L
    777-200F = 77F (built on a 77L frame)
    777-300 = 773
    777-300ER = 77W

I imagine the A/B and R codes you mention are interior variant of your carrier. It can be easy to get confused between the two, especially if they clash (For examply, IB operate the A340-600 and have two internal codes for it, A345 & A346. A345 is also the Airbus code for A340-500, which IB dont operate)

• Advertisement

You work in the business but don't know what a 77L is? 😵

Advertisement