Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple pages?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I just bought a new mac book air for going back to college and was just wondering about the pages software used for creating documents.

The tech guy in the shop said that the 'pages' software is becoming a lot more popular and easy to use. I didn't realise that you got this software with Apple.

I was just looking for some insight and information about this pages software and whether I would be better off forking out the extra cash and buying mircosoft office.

Any information would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I just bought a new mac book air for going back to college and was just wondering about the pages software used for creating documents.

The tech guy in the shop said that the 'pages' software is becoming a lot more popular and easy to use. I didn't realise that you got this software with Apple.

I was just looking for some insight and information about this pages software and whether I would be better off forking out the extra cash and buying mircosoft office.

Any information would be great!

See what your college requirements are, some may require particular Microsoft software. Pages will not support all functions that Microsoft Word offers for eg, which could cause problems at assignment time and what not.
    I do know that pages can (or used to?) have compatibility issues. LibreOffice may be a better choice, its also free!

Nick

Advertisement