Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothel found in Wexford Town

Options
  • 02-09-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Apparently, it was discovered because the foreign guy in charge of it could not pronounce the number of the apartment, which led to punters knocking on random doors looking for their "dates".

http://wexfordhub.com/prostitution-ring-uncovered-wexford/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hands up those that didn't know there were brothels in the county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

There is another one in Pierce Court, with a lot of women in that one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ledge

Hands up those that didn't know there were brothels in the county

There's brothels in every county in Ireland; all it takes is a gawk @ the E-I Website (Mods may be of opinion that I oughtn't mention it; it's hosted from/in England; hence outside Irish jurisdiction where advertising such "services" and remember, "companionship", a chat on the edge of the bed is ultimately, primarily what's on offer in theory; the practice obviously is quite different! If necessary strike out the reference to the E-I but that's just one & there are others; IP for example; these feature regularly in poorly pixelated photos in TV3 Documentaries, Rte Prime Time Investigates Programmes and indeed some of the Sunday Red Tops especially).

Similar to the drugs industry the foot soldiers are easy targets; a trafficked woman is so easy to detect; I.e. She's of limited English for example or like the "Front" who couldn't pronounce the address correctly (how difficult must it've been to say "1a" or "1A" though?). I highly doubt he's even close to being a ringleader here; a plant maybe; collateral damage and more protection & the eyes and ears for to be on the lookout for the Feds or others unhappy his crowd are on their turf perhaps?

It's why the "TOTRL" Campaign is gaining traction; it's being pushed by Ruhama, Rachel Moran (who's book "Paid For" is worth a read) and Space International along with Migrant Rights Ireland among other groups whereby the "punters", the purchasers, the end-users in tech-speak are the ones who ought to be punished, fined, jailed.

Fines would help get those trafficked out've poverty & indeed pay off any bonds they may have been forced into or that their families might've been coerced into out've financial necessity; they could also pay for to provide an educational opportunities etc. for those women rescued from brothels.

The TOTBL Campaign however are against this and wish to ultimately legalise prostitution which will result in an increase in exploitation; prostitution is not a choice, financially or morally; it never will be, it can't be. It's psychologically damaging in the long-term whether the "participant" commits to the "practice" willingly or not and believes she is in control in the short-term and that the financial gains outweigh the risk factors but the problems may not arise immediately; they may take years to surface but when they do they can result in psychological issues requiring counselling, frightening flashbacks and that's mere optimism on my part.

The TOTBL Campaign are also backed by those who run sites like IP, E-I etc. and while I'm Pro-Choice regarding the majority of issues regarding what a woman does with her body, I think there have to be necessary limits in situations like prostitution where even if legalised, exploitation will always be an issue and boundaries pushed to such an extent that dangerous practices such as underage prostitution become prevalent due to people wanting their kicks from illegal activities for example.

Support the Turn off the Red Light Campaign please.

Report suspicious activity to get these vulnerable women out've of enslavement sexual/physical/emotional/psychological/financial but remember the foot soldiers are rarely if ever the catalysts; it's the punters and the pimps and they should be afforded such treatment as is merited accordingly;

I.e. Punishment should not be so much punitive as persuasive and protective and supportive all the more if co-operation leads to likes of Thomas, "the Beast", Morgan and T.J. Carroll getting put away and their assets seized etc.

Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ha, I used live there. I should have kept the key

Advertisement