Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland complaint!

Options
  • 02-09-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I bought a phone from 3 on the 8/08/14 and have been trying to return it for weeks. The battery is faulty. It doesn't charge properly and then dies randomly and switches itself off. I brought it back and asked for a refund and was told that I had to contact customer support for that. Long story short I've lost track of how many times I've been onto customer support / in the shop about it, each time reassuring me I would have my refund if I could get hold of all sorts of stupid unrelated information, for them to finally tell me today that my phone was issued on the 5/07/14 (even though I have the reciept with the correct date on it) and that there was nothing they could do now. Absolutely DISGRACEFUL customer service and I'm furious. Is there anything I can do about this?
    Carla.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

What type of phone is it? It its an iPhone then contact Apple directly, their customer support is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Do you want me to move this to the "Talk to... Three" forum? The reps there are well placed to look into your issue.

If you just want consumer advice, my advice is to write to the shop detailing the problem, how you were promised a refund and include a copy of the sales receipt. Tell them you give them 10 working days to resolve the issue otherwise you'll take them to the SCC. Bear in mind you may not be entitled to a refund if a repair or replacement is viable, however if they've already promised a refund they should honour that promise (get it in writing if you can though).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although three should resolve any issues with the phone they will ultimately send it to Apple so I also suggest contacting apple directly.

Apple support is miles above three,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cabaal wrote: »
    Although three should resolve any issues with the phone they will ultimately send it to Apple so I also suggest contacting apple directly.

Apple support is miles above three,

No mention of Apple apart from a reply that guessed it was an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carla.lewis

davo2001 wrote: »
    What type of phone is it? It its an iPhone then contact Apple directly, their customer support is great.

It's not an IPhone, it's a HTC :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 carla.lewis

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Do you want me to move this to the "Talk to... Three" forum? The reps there are well placed to look into your issue.

If you just want consumer advice, my advice is to write to the shop detailing the problem, how you were promised a refund and include a copy of the sales receipt. Tell them you give them 10 working days to resolve the issue otherwise you'll take them to the SCC. Bear in mind you may not be entitled to a refund if a repair or replacement is viable, however if they've already promised a refund they should honour that promise (get it in writing if you can though).

Thanks so much for your help. I have contacted the consumer agency and they said because of the run around and the fact that the battery is gone faulty, by refusing to refund the phone, they're breaking an EU regulation, and that goes above any store policy. I will absolutely send a formal letter though and hope it doesn't go as far as the SCC!

Advertisement