Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of an old dishwasher

Options
  • 02-09-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have an ancient dishwasher that doesn't work anymore. What is the safest, not too expensive way, to get rid of it. Im a big believer in disposing of waste responsibly for the environment. Im getting a skip in a few weeks, can I put it in there? Or should I just bring it to the local dump, would it cost a lot to bring it to the dump? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Are you planning to buy a new one? If so, the retailer will take your old one as they are obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

My local recycling centre takes large white goods. Check with your Council to see if there is such a facility near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

The likes of Powercity take them. I don't think you have to buy a new one off them. For all they know you bought the new one off them last week, took it away with you there and then and are now dropping up the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

In fact powercity advertised ths weekend they will take appliances without purchasing

http://www.powercity.ie/

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭beatlesfan3333

That's great, thanks guys. I'll bring it to powercity then, nice one. I'm not getting a new one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

why dont you put it up in the free section of Adverts.ie? you would be surprised the amount of people who are delighted to get these for parts etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭beatlesfan3333

Oh good idea, I will. Hopefully someone can just come and take it off my hands then, cheers :)

Advertisement