Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - Dublin 8

Options
  • 02-09-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

At the moment I'm looking at locations along the luas lines but I'm interested in advice from anyone who might have a bit of experience of the Dublin 8 area / living in Dublin in general.

If I was working in Dublin 8 where would be a good area to look to live?

I'm looking for some where that can Dublin 8 can be reached via public transport or walking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Parts of Rialto are very rough, avoid the area around st anthonys road

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Whereabouts are you working? Dublin 8 is a large area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Parts of Rialto are very rough, avoid the area around st anthonys road

i live near there, its not that bad once you keep your wits about you, no worse than other areas of the city really. luas is great and will have you in town in like 10 minutes
    you can walk into town too and that'd take round 20 mins to get to dame st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

I've lived in Dublin 8 for the last 5 years or so. Love it. I'd just avoid the areas around the several flats complexes as they are the only parts that give D8 a bad name. Otherwise perhaps the most cosmopolitan, diverse and interesting part of Dublin (or Ireland for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I've lived in different places around Dublin 8 in recent years, never had any cause to complain. The areas I'd be a bit wary of are James's St and The Coombe. Have lived in or known people who've happily lived in in Meath St, Mount Brown, Emmet Rd, South Circular Road, Islandbridge, and Christchurch/Patrick's St.

I'd recommend the Emmet Rd, between Kilmainham and Inchicore. Lived there for two years. Grand quiet spot, some nice apartments and houses around. Not much in the way of pubs/shops etc, but nicely located near Phoenix park, War Memorial gardens, Royal Hospital. Two main bus routes to the city centre and a 5 minute walk to Suir Road Luas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement