Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Pearse St. Accommodation

Options
  • 02-09-2014 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whether the apartment single in the Pearse St. accommodation is a shared room? It's listed on the website as a double set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maybe its a twin room, ie 2 beds, but its single occupancy, just you in the room. I've heard of this with campus accommodation before

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

If I remember rightly; two bed rooms shared kitchen and living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

What are the kitchen and rooms like? How do they compare to other places on campus like Goldsmith?

Undeadfred wrote: »
    What are the kitchen and rooms like? How do they compare to other places on campus like Goldsmith?

Depends on which you get. The kitchens in the single rooms are shared between 3 other rooms. They're very small. The bedrooms are like ship cabins.

I think I've been given a room in pearse street sharing with just one other person, but I saw on another boards post that there are some rooms in Pearse street accommodation that are huge.

What are noise levels like in Pearse compared to Goldsmith? Particularly in 47

• Advertisement

I think I've been given a room in pearse street sharing with just one other person, but I saw on another boards post that there are some rooms in Pearse street accommodation that are huge.

What are noise levels like in Pearse compared to Goldsmith? Particularly in 47

From what I recall of Number 47 the shared rooms have a relatively large sitting room area with views out onto the rugby pitch. The bedrooms are smaller the the single bedsit-style rooms obviously.

Number 47 is very quite. It does not face out onto Pearse St at all so that good.

It is outside of the Trinity Ball area so on Ball night you will not be allowed in and out of your rooms. The doctor's office is below you which is handy when you're sick. There is a creche too.

thanks usernamegoes, that's really helpful.

Do you know what the desk/working area is like in the bedroom? Is it so small that I would be wanting to work in the library?

Also do you know what the actual bed size is like? the photo on the accommodation site makes the single bed look very narrow, like I'd almost fall off in the middle of the night.

I've been put in a PENDO which I've deduced is a twin bedroom shared with 1 other person, correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks usernamegoes, that's really helpful.

Do you know what the desk/working area is like in the bedroom? Is it so small that I would be wanting to work in the library?

Also do you know what the actual bed size is like? the photo on the accommodation site makes the single bed look very narrow, like I'd almost fall off in the middle of the night.

If it's the two bedroom ones then there are no desks in the bedrooms they're in the sitting rooms from what I remember. The bedrooms are small. The beds are quite narrow and there are cupboards above it and below it.

I don't know what PENDO is. I don't remember seeing any of the rooms in 47 which were twin bedrooms. I lived on the bottom floor of 47 and it was a single room as were the rest on my floor and the people above me had two separate rooms in a flat-like setup with a living area. I didn't see what was above them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Just a few questions, I hope you can help?
    Does anyone know what House 48 is like, floor 1? Is there access for a car when moving in? What are the kitchens like without an oven i.e is there a hob, microwave?
    any info would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Teddy_7777

Any info on House 47, first floor? Thanks!

Advertisement